Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Analysis/Resynthesis instruments with widget for source file selection

Hi folks. Resynthesis VSTs are rare so it makes sense to me to rely on Csound. I know CSound has relevant opcodes but I have not worked with them. Are there any Cabbage instruments that use pvsynth, pvcross, etc? I see from a related post that the analysis file would need to be generated outside Cabbage.

-d. vyd

Hi d.vyd,

I don’t know if that can help you, but some months ago I created a simple instrument to transpose a mono files using pvanal, pvscale and pvsynth, without needing an analysis file outside Cabbage. :wink:

Phase_vocoder.csd (4.1 KB)

Look in the examples. Check out all the examples that start with ‘pvs’. These are spectral streaming opcodes. No need for an analysis file. They work on the fly.

Thank you. I had been looking for instruments with a name involving FFT since I thought one would be necessary. I’ll try the pvs series of instruments. Is there any advantage in terms of sound quality from a separate analysis step?

-D Vyd

There will be a little latency introduced with these opcodes. It will depend on the size of your frame. These opcodes are great for real time processing. I much rather using these opcodes as I don’t have to worry about running any kind of analysis. Perhaps you should try both and see which work better for your purposes.

I was also focused on the instruments section and not the effects. I’m running Windows 10 64 bit but am using a 32bit DAW so am also using Cabbage32. I’m getting the same error when trying pvsAdsyn & pvsCross. In the editor view, I see that it can’t find “osc.dll”. However, I do see that file in the installation (though I’m not sure why it is necessary). The Adsyn GUI displays in Cabbage but there is no sound. I can export a VST but there is not sound in the DAW when I run a synth through the input. I’ve attached two screenshots. In case it is relevant, I had Cabbage64 installed until recently and uninstalled because I couldn’t use the output VSTs. Also, once properly generated–should pvsCross have two audio inputs?

-d. vyd

That GUI isn’t right. You can tell by the rather large and stretched Cabbage that appears on it. I don’t think it has anything to do with osc.dll. Do you have another version of Csound installed? I just tried the latest 32bit installer and it works fine for me here. I don’t get any errors. Can you confirm that you are using the latest 32bit installer from here:
http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/latest-beta-packages-available-here-new-release/114/8