Back to Cabbage Site

Build Succes [ubuntu 16 LTS]

hi
trying a new build of cabbage on Linux 64 –
built the JUCER
SDKs are in the right place
and a fresh install of csound 6.11

but i get this

MakeCabbageLite:155: recipe for target ‘build/intermediate/Release/ComponentLayoutEditor_752a6c4e.o’ failed
make: *** [build/intermediate/Release/ComponentLayoutEditor_752a6c4e.o] Error 1
cp: cannot stat ‘./build/CabbageLite’: No such file or directory
/tmp/ccJKHlqO.o: In function Csound::GetInputName()': testCsoundFile.cpp:(.text._ZN6Csound12GetInputNameEv[_ZN6Csound12GetInputNameEv]+0x18): undefined reference tocsoundGetInputName’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
cp: cannot create regular file ‘/home/shree/.local/share/applications/’: Not a directory

can you tell me what i can do?

really want it to work on my laptop :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!

i manually added applications directory but it still dies here

Compiling CabbageLookAndFeel2.cpp
MakeCabbageLite:155: recipe for target ‘build/intermediate/Release/ComponentLayoutEditor_752a6c4e.o’ failed
make: *** [build/intermediate/Release/ComponentLayoutEditor_752a6c4e.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
MakeCabbageLite:160: recipe for target ‘build/intermediate/Release/ComponentOverlay_554fade3.o’ failed
make: *** [build/intermediate/Release/ComponentOverlay_554fade3.o] Error 1
cp: cannot stat ‘./build/CabbageLite’: No such file or directory
/tmp/ccmS2x1v.o: In function Csound::GetInputName()': testCsoundFile.cpp:(.text._ZN6Csound12GetInputNameEv[_ZN6Csound12GetInputNameEv]+0x18): undefined reference tocsoundGetInputName’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

an dthen i recalled removing the csound test but i do not get a binary as far as i can tell

looking around it seems that JUCE is updated to 5.2.1 and that might be the ‘initermediate’ errors?

That’s the problem most likely. The CI builds now maek sure to check out v5.2.0:

https://github.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/blob/master/.travis.yml#L21-L23

I should update the Linux build script so that it downloads and builds JUCE too. Let me know if switching to 5.2.0 works. I will probably update to 5.2.1 in the next week or so.

1 Like

Hi
I actually just copied my version off the studio machine, made the binaries executable and it worked straightaway but i then promptly fell asleep so I’ll try you r suggestion this evening and let you know
Thank you !!

Hi Rory
Yes switching to 5.2 master worked perfectly, Thank you

Patrick