Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage 2 beta : closing session (resolved)

@rorywalsh :Hello Rory,
Sorry for keeping you busy :grin: . Thereafter a feature I find strange whilst working with Cabb2 Beta. ( but it is not a problem per se)

Create a patch. Save it and give it a name (CTRL +S).> The patch is saved.
Now quit Cabbage. without changing anything. Then cabbage ask to save the patch under new name. Why ?

EDIT : I see that it proposes to save Cabbage Patch (but what is the difference with Csound file)

Hope this helps,

Looks like I misunderstood the first post too. A Cabbage patch is the signal flow graph that you may have created. A picture speaks a thousand words, so here’s a gif :wink:

Yes indeed. It is for saving Cabbage patcher configuration. Sorry for not seeing it.
This also made me discover that the running instance of an instrument is closed and the corresponding Csound text file is closed too , the instrument is not necessarily erased from memory… The cabbage patcher still proposes it.
It is good to know. Maybe to be mentioned in the future documentation ?

Yes that is correct. It’s by design. You can also right-click the patcher window and open instruments directly from there. I imagine some people may not be interested in the code at all and may prefer to just create patches from Iain’s examples.