Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage Combo Box File Populated List Not Reloading with DAW Project

When I select one of the list of files in my auto populated combobox with the exported plugin inside a DAW, the selection is not saved/loaded with the DAW project. Is there a way I can allow this to happen? It is central/critical to this specific project.

Cabbage Combo Box File Populated List Not Reloading with DAW Project Video

I notice that the combo box seems to work just fine saving its settings in other examples, like filter choices etc… maybe when the combobox is populated automatically by the files in a folder, the integer representation of the number of possible items in the list is not determined until runtime and thus is defaulting to 0 items in the related VST/AU parameter?

If so, I have possible solutions:

one possibility is that the combobox could have a 0-1 float value associated with the selection, and this is multiplied by the number of items populating the list at runtime and so the value can be stored 0-1 float and scaled 0-n int. Potentially this could be enabled by a “selectfloat(1)” which defaults to 0 and switches the nature of the associated VST/AU parameter.

In fact, I wonder if this could be something I could implement in my project with the current cabbage / csound project. I could have a nslider or rslider that is set to be a 0-N float, and that is stored with the rest of the AU/VST parameters, and then is there some way to pipe that into csound and have it drive the auto populated combobox?

another option would be to have the WYSIWYG attribute editor of the Cabbage GUI component pre-populate the list of items for the GUI element into the code via a selected folder. this was the behavior I was expecting when I chose a file/folder from the file select button in the combobox wysiwyg GUI attribute editor, but that is apparently to chose a text file with a list of the elements as I understand it in the documentation.

A text file seems like a potential option for me currently though.

I think I can make this work as you would like. But you got me right in the middle of my vacation, where I’ve no pc to work with (a restriction imposed by my lovely wife!!) . I’ll take a look when I get back. :wink:

your wife sounds like a smart one, sometimes us tech addicts need to unplug. <3

1 Like