Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage FMOD plugins: Csound parameters control

Hello )

Is there any way to change Csound variables in FMOD plugins directly from FMOD Studio or from game engine? I mean not to use FMOD studio automation, that affects only on audio stream from FMOD Cabbage plugin. Maybe it can possible to change cabbage “knobs” variables from “Cabbage /Cabbage” code section somehow?

Can you not use FMOD parameters?

Mmmm, yes, I can. But I’m not shure I understand. I seek for the way to change Csound variables (in FMOD plugin I created in Cabbage) directly from game engine.

PS: thank you for Cabbage sublime text 3 plugin, it’s really wonderful tool )

I don’t think you can access plugin parameters directly. It’s kind of frustrating. You have to add FMOD parameter/automation to the various Csound knobs you want to control. Then in the game engine you manipulate the FMOD parameters. Btw, what engine are you using? I usually bypass FMOD and just use Csound if I’m using Unity. UE4 is another issue.

Btw, the sublime package was not my original work. I merely consolidated it with some other packages, but I’m happy to hear you’re finding it useful :wink:

Pardon me for inadvertence, that’s what i looking for. Just found mention about knob controlling in your video-tutorial. Thanks!

btw, i use Unity, that’s simplifies csound usage

You may wish to use CsoundUnity in that case. It saves you the need to have to use FMOD. Of course there are probably other reasons why you may wish to continue using FMOD :wink:

Thanks! Thats probably the solving of the problem ) I thought fmod is the only way Csound and Unity to use together. Of course fmod is a great instrument itself.

If you’ve any question about CsoundUnity feel free to post here. Perhaps even start a new thread.