Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage LADSPA plugin error

Hello All,

I am trying to get my cabbage instrument work under Linux.
Ardour does not see them and jackrack complains about wrong ELF header. Could someone help please ?

I’m not sure why LADSPA is in the title. Cabbage exports plugins as native Linux VSTs (and LV2s if you’re using Cabbage v1.n). Make sure you add the location of your plugin folder to your VST path. When i run echo $VST_PATH from the command line I get the following:

/home/rory/.vst:/usr/lib/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst

I think ~/.vst is a default location for most audio software, so if you simply create that folder and place your plugins there it should work fine. For what’s it’s worth, I’ve been running most of your examples on Linux without any issues.

Ooops sorry. Indeed they are VST.
Somehow ardour does not want to see them. Does it mean that I must rebuild ardour from source in order to get the VST to work? I installed kxstudio on top of linux mint.

No, Ardour should find them by default. Can you confirm that you have set your .vst path correctly?

Yes, manage to have them being found in ardour.
I tried ardour 6 : I manage to record and hear sound while I was recording… but could not get sound played back. I asked on irc channel / answer was ardour 6 is not ready yet.

I rebuild ardour 5 from source : cabbage vst crashes ardour (I get a message)

--Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Oct 12 2017 
[commit: 8a5eb7f273aa3724111bad56082dd21ab35cb620]
libsndfile-1.0.25
Emulate VST Bypass Port for Morpheur2
Segmentation fault

grrrr :slight_smile:

Do any other plugins work? Can you try? Also, can you try the version of Ardour that is in the KXStudio repos? I believe that’s the one I have here and it’s working fine. I’m going to test some plugins now and get back to you…

I can get all of the example synths to run in Ardour, but not your latest instrument. It runs fine in Bitwig. I don’t use DAWs very much so I’m not sure what the problem is. Can you edit the instrument so it doesn’t try to load any files on startup and try again? I fear Csound/Cabbage is unable to find a file on startup and as a result fails to load.