Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage V2's problem (range and unrecognised dll)

Hello,

I’ve found a problem about the latest version Cabbage V2.0.13a (I am using Windows 10) : DAW (Reaper) cannot recognize the VST which is exported by Cabbage V2, although there is no problem in case of V1

thanks

Hello,
I have compiled last version where vst run fine.
You can dl it from here. Sorry I don’t have drop box.
http://dl.free.fr/jxL5Eocw9

I think I know why that was happening. I’ll download and re-upload the version @Karamel1 posted to the releases page.

thank you very much.
I tried to use your version and the DAW got to recognize the Cabbaged VST. However it does not sound well (something like buffering noise) for some reason.

thanks!

Sorry! I mistook.
I’ve exported a csd file which used the opcode “ctrl7” (that seems to be incompatible with Cabbaged VST) .

Your version woks fine.
Thank you very much.

Cabbage is superb

Hello, this DLLs works fine (on Windows 10).

Thanks for Cabbage!

ctrl7 will work in standalone mode but not in a VST. But it’s not really needed in a VST considering your host can manage all the midi mapping. Good to know the latest package is working ok now although i still have quite a few bugs to fix…

I tried to use MIDI assignment on DAW. At first it did not work well. However I’ve realized that the range of slider must be between 0.0 and 1.0, so that it gets to work perfectly.

Cabbage V2 is much more useful than V1. Thank you very much.

The range of the host slider should always be between 0 and 1, but you can set the range of the Cabbage slide to anything you wish. It should scale automatically. If it doesn’t something is seriously wrong!

I see. Probably I mistook some sections.

In my experience, there is no problem about arbitrary settings of slider range when working on Cabbage GUI. However, in case of MIDI controller assignment on DAW, it does not work perfectly (the slider only changes a little).

e.g. “WavetableSynth.csd” in example folder: It does not work well in the following setting of slider range.

rslider bounds( 0, 24, 60, 60), text(“Amp.”), channel(“NAttAmp”), range(0, 4.00, 0.5), colour( 70, 30, 0), trackercolour(“tan”), textcolour(white)

However. it works perfectly in the following (when using MIDI controller on DAW, of course):

rslider bounds( 0, 24, 60, 60), text(“Amp.”), channel(“NAttAmp”), range(0, 1.00, 0.5), colour( 70, 30, 0), trackercolour(“tan”), textcolour(white)

I must study it. Thanks

What DAW are you using?

I am using Reaper (Windows 10).

I’ve never had this issue, perhaps there is something in the MIDI mapping settings which reduces the range of the midi data? I can try later when I get to a friends PC. But I think there must be something in Reaper which can be set as no one else has ever reported this issue?

I compared Cabbage V1 and V2.
There is no problem in case of V1, whereas in V2 the MIDI mapping functionality does not work well for some reason.

Ah Ok. Thanks for checking. I’ll need to look at what’s going on. The main reason why it has not been reported until now is most likely because not so many people are using the new version yet :joy:

I fixed this problem, but I also found a bug in some JUCE code after updating that to the latest version. Once I find a fix for the JUCE bug we will get a new Windows package out for you. Thanks again for reporting it, it’s a sinister little issue!