Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Can't get Cabbage to work in Reaper on Mac

Hi
I can see both the AU and VST plugins in Reaper, but when I add them to a track all I get is a black view, and no option to load any .csd files

Can you open the .vst and check that the .csd inside it is ok. Copy and paste it somewhere and try opposing it with Cabbage. Can you upload the .vst somewhere too? I can test it tomorrow when I get a chance.

Sorry, I don’t follow. I have CabbagePluginEffect and CabbagePluginSynth .vst and .component packages in my Cabbage application package. Neither seem to contain any .csd files.

I mean the .csd file in your exported .vst… the one you exported from Cabbage and tried try run in Reaper…

Perhaps I’m not fully understanding what to expect. I was looking at this http://cabbageaudio.com/docs/cabbage_audio_unit/ and thought that the AU in the Cabbage application folder would work like this. Are you saying that I have to export from the standalone Cabbage app first?

Yes that’s correct. You need to open them and export from within the Cabbage application. You can also batch export over 120 plugins in one go through the File menu.

Great - got it working. Some really lovely sounds there - esp the physical synthesis stuff which was what I was after. Many thanks for your help.

Glad to hear you got it working Ok. :wink:

Rory
I would LOVE to use the Cabbage VST/AUs
How does one batch export them as you mention above?

Just go to the file menu and select ‘Batch Convert examples’. Note it will take up some space, but it’s well worth it to have all those instruments as plugins.