Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Context menu doesn't work

I’ve built the Cabbage on Ubuntu 14.04. But I see the following problem.

The context menu (where we can choose the examples) works only when I select the
example for the first time. Then when I want to select for the second
time it becomes inactive. I can invoke the menu but the User, Native and third party
don’t respond to clicks.

Thanks, this is with cabbage studio? I’ve a growing list of bugs to fix!

Yes! I’ve cloned the repo. It happens on develop branch, since it has build files that work for linux.

On develop branch the script workes fine. The only peculiarity was that I’ve failed to install freeglut3. It conflicts with freeglut that is installed on my system (Ubuntu 14.04). But I’ve tried it with preinstalled glut and it has compiled. Maybe the bug is caused with freeglut dependency mismatch. Though I can not try it out since my system prevents me from upgrade.

Ok. The thing is that the Linux branch is slightly ahead of all other branches at the moment as I pushed through some changes just before I went on holiday! I’ll try to merge everything next week when I get back to the daily grind!

But finally I could build it! It’s a progress for me. I hope to port some of my instruments to cabbage. I’ve already made a wrapper to create csound files with cabbage interfaces in Haskell. It’s not so cool as in FLTK case, but it’s something
that is easy to use once you know how cabbage layout works. Here is the link to description:

PS: sorry for disclaimer in the header of the article, it’s my personal experience. I hope that it won’t discourage you.

The cool thing about haskell way of doing it is that cabbage layout becomes a code. So we can create a functions that encode certain patterns and use share the variables for channel names in cabbage and in csound code.

Thanks for sharing this Anton. Rather than stating that:

You could perhaps explain what you are doing that causes it to be unstable, and how you find it hard to use. Have you also used Cabbage on Windows and OSX? If not, then you could at least state that this is specific to Linux. Have you had issues with Cabbage when running as a plugin within a host? Or on Android, or as an AU? If not then you might mention that your opinion relates specifically to the main development environment with the standalone player.

As a developer yourself, you must surely realise how such a generic statement is not at all helpful to the development of a project. :wink: We need details!

p.s. the changes I pushed through before I left on holiday might have messed some things up. I didn’t get a proper chance to go through them properly. That was stupid of me. I’ll take a look this week as see what the problem is!

I had an issue yesterday when I first ran Cabbage with the latest dev branch on Linux, Ubuntu 16.06. But after a clean rebuild everything works fine. I don’t actually have a 14.04 machine anymore to test on. Recent changes I made were to address the native file dialogue issues on Linux. I fear that this might have caused some problems. Can you confirm that you still have this issue? It’s not clear from this thread if you managed to resolve the issue or not. Cheers.

The problem is present on Ubuntu 14.04. I don’t think that I need to do rebuild since it’s my first build and there are no changes. Maybe I need to upgrade to next LTS release to resolve this issue.

Oe run Cabbage through a debugger and let me know what’s going on? But this will take up too much of your time I’m afraid, unless you are already familiar with GDB?

Can you pull the latest source and see if you can work with it now. I’ve reverted the changes back and forced Cabbage to use its own file browsers. I hope this will address your problem.