Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

CsoundUnity cross-platform compatibility

I’m new to Unity so this may be a stupid question, but I noticed there’s a huge size difference between the Windows and Mac packages of CsoundUnity. Does this mean that a project created with the Windows version won’t work on any other system? I’m specifically interested in using CsoundUnity on Linux, but it would be nice to be able to collaborate with people on Windows machines.

Also, is exporting to Linux supported?

The Mac version comes with Universal Binaries for Csound. This means that you get both 32 and 64bit libs included. One could strip out the 32 bit binaries, that would make things smalled.

Exporting from Windows to OSX may work, if one includes the OSX and WIndows binaries in the StreamingAssets folder. I’ve though about doing this before, but it makes the package bigger again. But it should work. The CsoundUnity scripts check what platform is being used before it tries to load Csound.

As an ardent Linux user, I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve never even tried CsoundUnity on it. It should work fine, but we’d have to check if bundling Csound into the StreamingAssets folder works.