Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Dialog box on export hidden behind GUI

This is a minor issue, but nevertheless can cause some major misunderstandings and I guess frustrations.
This only happens if the setting for ‘aleways show plugin on top’ is enabled, but this is enabled by default for me at least.
When exporting a plugin that have previously been exported with the same name, Cabbage will show a dialog asking if you want to overwrite the old dll (windows). Since the plugin GUI window is always in front, this dialog will be hidden behind it. Moreover, one can not move the gui window because the program is waiting for user input on the dialog (which is hidden). Because of this the program appears to have frozen, even if it is just waiting for user input in a dialog that can not be seen. Perhaps the plugin GUI window should not have this ‘always in front’ behaviour at all (remove option in settings), or it should be overridden by system dialogs like the one described above.

Let me see if I can disable it momentarily when those dialogs appear. I would rather not disable it by default, as I think it may also lead to some confusion, especially when editing GUIs. It’s a lot easier when you can see the interface. Leave it with me.

btw, I’d say that has been on your mind for a while! It’s one of those really ‘persistently annoying, but not that big of an issue’ kind of problem that people just deal with. It’s high time it got sorted.