Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Easier way to share presets

Is this just with the new version I posted or has this problem been there all along? I’m seeing the same thing.

[edit] Add ficlose SFileName to the instrument that saves the files. That seems to fix the problem.

Btw, I sorted the automated Windows build. The most up to date binaries can be found here. Just click anyone in green to go to artifacts. That should give you the full installer. I’ve fixed those issues you were seeing yesterday if you want to try out the latest build.

1 Like

Will try it right now :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot !

EDIT : Cabbage crashes on startup… :confused:

Ha. That’s not a great start! I’l have a look.

it’s working fine for me. Can you try opening it again. Sometime if you try to run straight after the install it doesn’t seem to work.

Yeah…

Btw, in the meantime, I managed to create a preset manager based on single files : presetmanager2.zip (1.4 KB)

Just uncrompress everything and load the .csd file.
You can save a preset using the save button anywhere you want
If you save a preset in the “presets” folder in will appears in the listbox after the next plugin startup.

To open a preset you have 2 ways : the open button to search for any files on your computer, and the listbox to quickly load a preset saved in the “presets” folder

you can reload the lastest preset using the “reload” button.

For some reason, the preset name doesn’t displays properly when you use the open button (maybe because open load the path with “/” and the listbox load path with “”

Maybe it will be useful for someone :slight_smile:

Still no ways… I will try to uninstall everything related to Cabbage/Csound, run a ccleaner an try again

EDIT : Nope… Still crashing… I don’t understand why…

EDIT2 : Seems related to the .exe file, if I try an older Cabbage.exe file, no more crashes

Hmm. I can think why this is. I’ll take a look.

Hi Rory, I tried to refresh the preset listbox after the user saves a new preset, I’m almos there but I still have to press my “reload” button after saving to show the new preset, I don’t undrstand why I can’t trigger like a “auto-click” on the reload button right after the user clicks saves presetBug.zip (1.4 KB)

Here is the project file, let me know if you found a way to do it !

Thanks in advance,

Sorry, I didn’t implement in the listbox, only the combobox. I’ll do that now. Leave it with me. I’m currently moving through airports. Might be a day or two before I find time for it…

I just pushed through some changes, but I can’t test. There should be a new build available to test here in a few minutes. To update the listbox, or combobox, do this:

chnset "refreshfiles()", "comboI"

Where comboI is the identchannel for the listbox or combobox.

Alright, seems like the build failed… (EDIT Thanks for fixing the build, the refresh works now :slight_smile: )
Also, related to these listbox, is there a way to remove the “Select…” entry (the first entry of the listbox, as well as a way to change the white backgroyund where there are not enough items in the listbox ?

Thanks in advance,

Can you try this one?

1 Like

Wow Nice redesign ! And nice feature to reopen latest projects on startup !

I noticed one thing : the scrollbar on the listbox is no longer here :confused:

Are there any other things I should have noticed/tested ?

Thanks for @mauro.

That feature has been there a long time already :joy:

Ouch. I’ll sort that out now.

Thanks @mauro then, great job :slight_smile:

Yeah sorry, I haven’t noticed it before !

Alright, I’ll stay tuned !