Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Effect: Delayed

Delayed_v2.0.csd (24.4 KB)

This is a complete overhaul of an old and much simpler cabbage effect of mine. TLDR: it’s a stereo delay with filters on the feedback. It can measure delay time in seconds, or beats from either a DAW/host or internally set BPM. The comments go into more detail on the controls.

Tested to work in Reaper64 on OSX. Only known issue is the overload and tap LEDs may get stuck on if you “save” the effect from the cabbage host in certain situations. A reload fixes this.

Lots to explore in all those filter options you have implemented, I might steer clear of rezzy though!

Can you have a check, the ping-pong option doesn’t seem to work for me.

Yeah, the time mode options are what makes this effect useful, but the filters are what make it interesting! Rezzy has always had issues. John’s been looking into it lately, so I’m hopeful it will improve. I might change the warning window to show for both modes, since they both can be rather unstable as different resonances. By the way, the same flexible filtering options are available is “ShapedUp” too, which makes for a really great distortion effect. If you have any other interesting filter suggestions to add, let me know!

Ping pong seemed to be working for me, but I can take a closer look tonight. I’ll point out the obvious just in case, sometimes I miss the simple stuff; make sure the left and right delay times are different, otherwise you won’t notice when it changes ears. I do seem to recall that I like to implement my ping pong a little differently than the common way, but honestly it’s been so long since I compared my code that I can’t recall what I do different. Try turning on ping pong and swap l+r at the same time, I think that might be what you’re expecting to hear?

I’m going back and releasing “maintenance updates” for most of my old recipes. These are just minor bug fixes to keep them running with current csound and cabbage versions. Enjoy!
Delayed_v2.1.csd (24.3 KB)