Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Error exporting Micropolyphony as VST

Topic says it. I receive the following message from Cabbage (latest git) :

Error: character $(24)

So far I’ve encountered it only on Iain’s Micropolyphony. Any suggestions ?

Fedora 21 x86_64

Edit: A little more information. The error appears to be caused by this code
(and is found in FM_Clang and other synths) :

instr 1000
gkpreset chnget “preset”
ktrig changed gkpreset

if i(gkpreset)==$N then

What’s going on ?

Best,

dp

Hi Dave,

That relates to the mechanism for the built-in presets and specifically its use of a macro variable. I can’t think why it should create a problem and I don’t receive any problems when exporting as a VST here; however, I am using a version of Cabbage that use Csound 6.07. Some changes made to macros in 6.08 may be the cause but based on macro testing on Csound 6.08, I can’t pin anything down, anyone else any suggestions?
If you want to workaround getting the example exporting you could just comment out the presets mechanism at the bottom of instr 1.

Iain

Thanks for looking at the error, Iain. I’m using git sources for Csound, so I’m already at 6.09. As an example I tried the FM_Clang CSD again this morning, commenting out lines 335-360, and the error disappears. So it seems that maybe something has changed in the presets handling code in either Cabbage or Csound (?).

Best,

dp

Thanks Dave. There are a number of other instruments that use the same ‘factory’ presets mechanism that are probably similarly affected. I’ll try and replicate the error and get to the bottom of it. I suspect it’s Csound at fault, John ff loves tinkering with his macro code,
Iain

I fear this is definitely a Csound issue. ;( I think we need to warn John!