Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Exported plugins make high pitch noise and crash Ardour

I have installed Cabbage on Debian Jessie 8 64bit. When I click about from menu, it says Cabbage (32bit) v.1.1.05

When I play with examples from Cabbage, it works fine, but I need plugins to use in other software.

When I try to export plugins as lv2. There is an error : “/home/user/Downloads/cabbage/Builds/CabbageBuild/CabbagePluginSynthLV2.so cannot be found?”

When I try to export as vst, it exports without any message, but when I try to scan for plugins in Ardour, it seems to get stuck when it finds the plugin and timeout bar of 30 seconds starts running. I guess the plugin is not responding. If i just cancel the timeout and load the plugin into new MIDI bar, it makes high pitched noise (maxing out the meter) and then crashes Ardour.

When I try to scan for the plugin in Carla, it just gets stuck when it finds the plugin.

Please help me fix the problem. I am interested in Cabbage project because it can export plugins, but so far I had no luck.

Confirmed. I’ll look for a fix asap. Apologies for this.

Ok, fixed now in git. Can you rebuild and try it out. It was the result of some changes I made to better deal multichannel plugins. I’ve tested her and it works fine with VST.

I cloned https://github.com/rorywalsh/cabbage and build it, but the result is the same. Ardour scan still gets stuck.

Sorry, I built master, not dev. I am going to try dev branch…

Should work fine from the dev branch. Let us know.

I built dev branch and now it’s working OK. Thank you.