Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Hrange/vrange idea - allow crossing of values (resolved)

It would be nice if the min and max values were allowed to pass each other, with cabbage still outputting the appropriate values to each channel. This would probably be best as an option that could be enabled…

For example; if I drag the max below min, that slider’s value becomes the min and what was previously the min now becomes the max… still both outputting on the appropriate (to their new values) channel. Meaning the lower number still always outputs on the “min” channel.

Quite honestly, this would be a pita to implement. The concept of min and max are hard coding into these classes. Swapping them around, and their channels dynamically like this would probably involve the rewriting of the classes from the ground up, with this very purpose in mind.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against the idea. I just don’t want to go near those classes again for a while!

Yeah, I can see where it’d be a pain if it hadn’t been in the plan from the beginning. It’s not a feature request that I’m waiting for or anything, just think it’d be a good idea for the future.