Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Last total feed (fixed)

Win8 x64, Cabbage 1.02, It is not installed Csound.
Hi Rory,

I point out to you a few things that do not work well in this latest version, (take your time, is a minor request/bugs :wink: )

• the vslider/hslider opcode donā€™t open the Cabbage manual;
  • the ā€œHelp/view the Cabbage Manualā€ option, donā€™t work;
  • Is possible to add the ā€œauto select the last usb/midi keyboard that I usedā€, when I forgot to turn on my usb keyboard function?
  • Itā€™s possible to add/remove multiple line comment at mouse right click on code selection?
  • Is possible to do so that the graphical part of keyboard is always centered on C3?
  • when I close an auxiliary file, but I have in the foreground ANOTHER Csound code, Cabbage closes completely;
  • very useful thing is display the ā€œsyntax descriptionā€ even just when I select an Cabbage/Csound opcode;
  • The same ā€œcursor blackā€ problem it was found in all the Cabbage widgets: if I click in the window for insert the value manually, I donā€™t see the cursor (Black background)ā€¦
  • Why when I write 0 to X position of a widget, this is not a 0 x pos?
  • I often have to ā€œReload Instrumentā€ 2 times to view the update (es: when I change one argument of gentable, for viewing the change, I must to ā€œReload Instrumentā€ 2 times every time).

these are all things that I have found in the last Revā€¦
thanks for all

R

Thanks. Iā€™ll take a look at all of these for you.

Hi,
I pointed to 3 other minor req/bugs found:

• many Csound/Cabbage opcodes are not highlighted;
  • is possible to set the text align inside the combobox?
  • the undo function operate two time every time: if I undo one operation, I go back of two operations every time;

Thanksā€¦

R

Thanks again. Btw, I have a list of opcodes that gets syntax highlighted. But itā€™s not a full list. I am aware that some are missing, I just donā€™t know which ones. Perhaps you could start a new thread called ā€˜Opcodes not supported by syntax highlighterā€™. And post all the ones you find there? Hopefully others will post there also and weā€™ll start to build up a better picture of whatā€™s missing.

• the vslider/hslider opcode donā€™t open the Cabbage manual;
  • fixed
  • the ā€œHelp/view the Cabbage Manualā€ option, donā€™t work;
  • fixed
  • Is possible to add the ā€œauto select the last usb/midi keyboard that I usedā€, when I forgot to turn on my usb keyboard function?
  • this works for me here on Linux, but Iā€™ll need to check it on Windows. I feel it should also work there but Iā€™m not 100% sure.
  • Itā€™s possible to add/remove multiple line comment at mouse right click on code selection?
  • fixed
  • Is possible to do so that the graphical part of keyboard is always centered on C3?
  • you can set the lowest key to appear by using the value() identifier
  • when I close an auxiliary file, but I have in the foreground ANOTHER Csound code, Cabbage closes completely;
  • fixed
  • very useful thing is display the ā€œsyntax descriptionā€ even just when I select an Cabbage/Csound opcode;
  • added
  • The same ā€œcursor blackā€ problem it was found in all the Cabbage widgets: if I click in the window for insert the value manually, I donā€™t see the cursor (Black background)ā€¦
  • fixed
  • Why when I write 0 to X position of a widget, this is not a 0 x pos?
  • thatā€™s because of the resizing routine I have. Itā€™s a headache left over from previous incarnations. If I changed it now it would mess up everyoneā€™s instruments.
  • I often have to ā€œReload Instrumentā€ 2 times to view the update (es: when I change one argument of gentable, for viewing the change, I must to ā€œReload Instrumentā€ 2 times every time).
  • fixed
  • many Csound/Cabbage opcodes are not highlighted;
  • fixed
  • is possible to set the text align inside the combobox?
  • fixed
  • the undo function operate two time every time: if I undo one operation, I go back of two operations every time;
  • what actually happens is that the editor will remove the last word typed. This seems to be the norm with most editors Iā€™ve tested and is not something Iā€™ve implemented myself. I would be a little anxious to go near that code as itā€™s embedded deep within the JUCE framework. I also think itā€™s good to be consistent with other editors?

Hi,

I do not know if youā€™ve fixed all these things in the 1.0.03 release (again many thanks!) ā€¦

:flushed:

R

The next release, 1.0.04 will have them. Iā€™m just trying to sort out that pthread dll issue on Windows.

Thanks Roryā€¦ and sorry for my incompetenceā€¦

R

I donā€™t understand? But you donā€™t need to explain :wink: