Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Music made with Cabbage?

Greetings,

Anyone else have any Cabbage tracks to share ?

Mine can be found at https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/sets/cabbagewerk.

Let’s hear some more of those swinging sounds of Cabbage ! :smile:

Best,

dp

3 Likes

Hi Dave.
I Like Cabbagenic.
Are you using only Cabbage instruments? I hear a guitar (2:05) and a bass (4:05)…
Iain McCurdy additve (00:00) FM-Clang…
What DAW do you use?
Regards.

Cabbagenic uses only Cabbage instruments converted to native Linux VST plugins. One Cabbage effect - the multiVerb - is used for a global reverb, but a single instrument - FMClang - uses MVerb, an open-source reverb by Martin Gardner. MVerb is the only non-Cabbage plugin used.
The first section was made with the Rubbed Resonators, Bar Model Synth, and Wavetable Synth instruments. The second section was made with Honk, FMClang, and the String Feedback Synth. The final section was made with the Harmonics, Bass Guitar, and Inharmonic Additive Synth instruments. The last part recalls the instruments from the first section in a single sustained chord.
Btw, all of the sounds are from the plugin presets. I made few changes to the original preset designs, typically only to set a more amenable output level. I had a lot of fun using these instruments, but the real sound programming was done by Iain McCurdy.
Cabbagenic was sequenced and rendered with Bitwig Studio for Linux.
Thanks for your interest, I hope that tells you a little more about how Cabbagenic happened.

1 Like

Thanks! I like listen new music…

All the music at this link was created with Cabbage:
Electronic sounds
No hosts were used for any of these. I’ve never needed a host with Cabbage :wink:

1 Like

It says I am bumping this topic… OK (sorry) it was either that or duplicate it… thanks in advance for listening 000 and posting your work.

I am a Cabbage Noob… I know. so I had to record every little noise that it made. I use other instruments too but this implementation of Csound is … better – then most all of them… I think… I am sorry I had to go thru others to find this. - any way - there is no OPTION button on my keyboard… (i realized) so yeah music? but sound 000 sounds and more… noises granular … mmmmm I was a Crusher-X tester… when that was the only granular there was …— so the two records till I get cabbage to record itself 000 I know it is just moments away but instrument playing is great. 00

The song and the playlist.
song mix 1
cabbage-elements-1 first touch playlist

Some really nice stuff here. Do you want Cabbage to record all output from your instruments to disk? This is trivial to do, but perhaps I misunderstood your text?

1 Like

yes YES I know it was implimented in a buzz music program and usually in… most computers — I have configuration problems… I have three stereo inputs and a bunch of specialzed outs with one main stereo high def. out… so I record in audacity mostly… the third input is physically there but does not work as … the company that made my computer was unable to get that working … I have an
AMD FX™ 8350 eight core processor 4.00 GHz
8 gig ram 64 bit os and processors no touch/pen
High Def audio device
NVIDIA high Def audio

it is in the control panal of win10 that keeps changing… the flow of sound into the recording devices… IF i could stop it from turning of one of the 2 inputs would be better able to work in the recording… it is … I could spend less time (30+ min before performance) in the set up phase of … recording a performance…

so some kind of record all inputs and musical outputs would be great… something that does that hard drive recorder… but also a MIDI file creator and recorder. I liked editing midi in. must of been sonar and cakewalk software with painting note spreads across time for the midi file to replay runs and such… really execellent control with that… but… I no longer have that program… — and have never seen anything like it again. 000

cabbage playlist second set