Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

New mix with Cabbage

Greetings,

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/prelude-and-dance-plus-ft-dj-cabbage-and-the-schpitzeriffics

Not solely Cabbaged but the Prelude is (almost) all green and leafy.

As always, vast thanks to Iain McCurdy for his amazing instruments and to Rory for Cabbage itself.

Best,

dp

Nice! I didn’t know Ardour 5 was already among us. While I was listening I was thinking how the mix would have sounded if you toyed a little bit more with the dynamics of the gamelan and also maybe if you added a filter to make it “brighter” when the other sounds vanishes for a moment. Although that may ruin your original idea, of course.

Is Ardour 5 really among us, or just among Dave who seems to get his hands on everything before the rest of us!! Respect.

Greetings,

The A5 in use here is built from the current cutting-edge code. The program opens with the obligatory Dire Warning panel advising me that I’m using a (possibly and even probably unstable) development version, terrible things can and will happen, and I have been warned.

Best,

dp

Hi gsenna,

Thanks for lending your ears to my project. I’ll do something about the gamelan dynamics, that’s good advice. I’ll try the filter too, if I like the effect I’ll keep it. :slight_smile:

Best,

dp