Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

New problems to install Cabbage on Ubuntustudio 16.04 LTS (Fixed)

Hi,

I tried reinstalling Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS and Cabbage some times but every times this is the output:

cp: cannot stat './build/Cabbage': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat './build/CabbagePluginSynth.so': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat './build/CabbagePluginEffect.so': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat './build/CabbageStudio': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Docs/_book': No such file or directory

Why it does not work anymore?

Output.txt (54.8 KB)

PS: to make things easier for some users, have you ever considered the idea to add it to a repository so it can be installed with software center? :wink:

can anyone help me?

thanks a lot for all,

R

That’s because we started to implement a new feature in Cabbage called Bézier curves. You’ll need to build the latest Csound. If your Ubuntu is 64-bit you could also just install the .deb package I posted here:

http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/latest-beta-packages-available-here-new-release/114/8?u=gsenna

I hadn’#t realised that I’d messed up the dev build before creating the new repo. In the meantime, if you don’t wish to update Csound, you can just checkout the master branch. That will build fine, although it’s a few commits behind the dev branch.

Hello and thanks…

gsenna I thank you because you are very active in supporting :wink:
I’m learning a lot about GNU/Linux but sometimes the only way I can go on is reinstall Ubuntu Studio :grimacing:

rory I am glad to understand that guide is still valid; it’s not that I do not want to update csound, It is that I have yet to figure out how to install it… :cold_sweat:

thanks a lot for your great work!

R

No, you shouldn’t have to reinstall the entire OS every time! Here’s how you build Csound in the Debian/Ubuntu family: https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/BUILD.md#debian

If you want to uninstall software you should use the new apt command (or the old apt-get). Here’s a guide: http://www.tecmint.com/apt-advanced-package-command-examples-in-ubuntu/

The thing with Cabbage is that unless you use the .deb I provided, the system doesn’t know that it’s installed. Of course, you can always overwrite the previously installed files if you “./buildCabbage” again. I recommend the .deb anyway as I think it is still more up to date than the master branch.

Cheers.

For what it’s worth, I just fixed the dev branch so that it works with the current version of Csound.

Hi,

This is a forum where you will learn everything! Thanks! :wink:

I managed to install Cabbage; thanks for update the source Rory…

thanks Guillermo for the link to apt-get: I have to be studied!
thanks again Guillermo for the .deb file: It is really useful! the next installation will use that!

For building Csound, I would like to understand why the output of the first command is:

electro@Bit:~$ sudo apt-get build-dep csound
Reading package lists… Done
E: Unable to find a source package for csound
electro@Bit:~$

thanks again for all!

TI

It’s because one of the dependencies Csound is trying to get is not valid. Looks like that dep scripts needs updating.

Hi,

thanks for reply… And thanks for all support and all the work that there is behind (Cabbage, this forum and so on…)

while I wait for update the dep scripts

TI