Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

OSC opcodes weirdness

I have some csds using OSC send and receive, and experience some strange crashing when doing innocent looking operations (things that I’m quite sure used to work at some point on an earlier Cabbage version. After some initial debugging of the csd (looks ok as far as I can tell), I went to check on possible conflicts with the regular Csound installation. If I rename my regular Csound install, I get init errors on the OSC opcodes, f.ex:

gihandle OSCinit <<<
Unexpected untyped word gihandle when expecting a variable

and
line 2:

OSCsend         kwhen <<<

Unexpected untyped word OSCsend when expecting a variable

If I rename back my Csound install, so it is in the system path, the csds run fine in Cabbage and the OSC opcodes send and receive as expected (until they crash, when I change the routing of OSC signals). Crashing provides no error from Csound, but the CPU goes to max and Cabbage freezes.

I’m on windows, using
https://github.com/rorywalsh/cabbage/releases/download/v0.5.15/Cabbage32Setup.exe
the date of the exe is 9th November

Hi Oeyvind. I think there might be some kind of conflicts with a regular install of Csound. The first issue you had with the old osc.dll being picked up by Cabbage seems to indicate that Cabbage is not looking in the correct opcodedir folder. I will take a look at it. It looks like Cabbage is never using the osc.dll that ships with it? Could that be right? If it did you wouldn’t be getting “Unexpected untyped” errors. Is the CABBAGE_OPCODE_PATH variable set to the correct folder?