Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pitch bend issues in some Cabbage synths

Hi everyone,
I was recently playing around with some Cabbage synths using Jalv-Select (linux, Debian, AntiX, 32-bit, version unsure) and I noticed that when using the pitch bend wheel, the sound was bending very very very slowly and not even reaching a semi-tone. This occurred on synths such as hoscilbank, vector synth, etc.

Can anyone confirm this? (I think these synths are included in the repository library when installing the Cabbage plugins package.)

Any help much appreciated! :slight_smile:

brian

I can try these out once I get to a keyboard with a pitch wheel. We have some in work, but it’ll be next week before I can try.

Ok, thanks Rory for looking into it. If I may, I would add that I have also had problems when using a sustain pedal. In some instruments, when sustaining, the notes “pile up” until the audio gets distorted.

-Just wanted to try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone…

Thanks!

brian

Hi Brian,
I tested this simple example and pitch bend responds normally. Can you check it also? It should bend up and down 2 semitones. I don’t have a sustain pedal connected right this moment but I have not encountered problems in the past. I’ll check again though.

<Cabbage>
form caption("Untitled") size(400, 300), colour(58, 110, 182), pluginID("def1")
keyboard bounds(8, 158, 381, 95)
</Cabbage>
<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
-n -d -+rtmidi=NULL -M0 -m0d --midi-key-cps=4 --midi-velocity-amp=5
</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>

sr = 44100
ksmps = 32
nchnls = 2
0dbfs = 1

instr 1
kbnd pchbend 0, 2
kEnv madsr .1, .2, .6, .4
aOut vco2 p5, p4*semitone(kbnd), 4, 0.5
outs aOut*kEnv, aOut*kEnv
endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
;causes Csound to run for about 7000 years...
f0 z
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

Hi Iain,
thanks for the testfile. It indeed works as expected, both in pitchbend and with sustain pedal. :slight_smile:

I should add, that I have the Cabbage plugin package (KXStudio repos) installed, both lv2 and vst formats. And I can open them just fine using Jalv.Select. (an lv2 manager)

NB: I do not have Cabbage installed, only the Cabbage plugins. And these plugins seem to work just fine (except for the pitchbend issue). The lv2 folder includes Cabbage plugins (including ttl and manifest files) and the vst folder has both an .so file and .csd file for each synth.

Hth!

brian