Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Popup text freezes DAW operation

Hey Rory,

Here’s a strange artifact that I found. When you export a plugin as VST and host it in a DAW, and when I’m, say, playing back a track with the FX loaded, and when I hover over a control and it’s popup text pops out, it freezes the GUI of the DAW. It doesn’t affect performance or functionality, but visually, it just stalls the DAW, till I move the mouse pointer away.

I’m running Reaper 64 bit on Windows 7.

That is strange, and not something I can replicate I’m afraid. It’s all working fine for me here. We run Cabbage on Win7 machines at work. I’ll try on Monday and see if it’s the same for me.

BTW, for now you could use textbox(1) with your sliders to stop any popups from appearing…

No problems here on Win7, we are using v5.23 of Reaper? I’m not sure why you are experiencing problems. I don’t suppose it happens with other plugins that have a popup text box?

That’s quite strange, other plugins don’t seem to behave this way. Here’s a video describing the problem:
CabbageVideoTest.rar (377.3 KB)

I tried rendering another plugin with SVG’s included ( Examples -> Instructional -> SVGExample ) and concluded that it is SVG’s that are causing the lag. Something to look into perhaps…

Ah I see, it’s specifically when you are using SVGs? Ok. I think I might have an idea why that is. We can chat about it over the weekend, I assume you’ll be around Maynooth for the Csound30 event?

I will! I’ll see you there. :slight_smile: