Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pre-release Cabbage 2 for testing - part 1

As noted earlier, the plugins won’t work just yet. I’m aware of the rotate issue, it was mentioned above. [quote=“vallste, post:41, topic:408”]
If I open a file, play it, than open another file to play it, the first file is played (gui displayed). Seems to play the first opened file
[/quote]

Can you double check the steps you took to create this problem. If I follow your steps everything works fine. Leave the gentable stuff with me. I’ms till working on it.

Nevermind, the open file issue was me, I was just me not pushing the correct file button above the editor. Sorry for the fuss, thank you for the good work

No problem. I’m glad it’s working Ok for you now. I hope to get back to the gentable widget once I work my way through the current list of issues. This thread is growing out of control!

Trackpad scrolling is much improved now compared to Cabbage Classic trackpad scrolling which is too sensitive. Scrolling down with a mouse wheel still jumps in the wrong direction sometimes. Scrolling up is fine, it’s just a bit speed limited if trying to scroll up a long way.

Ok. It’s a start at least!

This has been addressed, although it’s till not perfect, things have improved!

Should be working now.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Are you sure about this? I can’t recreate it here. It looks like Misc. is missing things at time because it’s empty, could that be what you’re seeing?

In the pipeline. I need to think about the best way to implement it, but I agree that it would be nice.

I’ve updated this now. Popup value boxes will display full resolution. Inline value boxes will display what they can based on their sizes, but I also updated the way their sizes are handled.

Awesome, all looking good for me!

I’m reluctant to admit that I’ve only just discovered the second and third pages in settings!!!

I thought the speaker, gear and palette symbols corresponded to the fields next to each one, and even mistook the colour palette for a MIDI symbol next to “Active MIDI Inputs”! Could you maybe put some indication of which page is currently displayed in the GUI? A settings keyboard shortcut might be nice too (typically command + comma on Mac).

I’ve specified the Cabbage example files path in settings, but no actual examples show in the file menu - all device categories are visible but greyed out (apart from the Instruments and Effects categories, whose subcategories are visible but also greyed out). Have I something simple wrong or is there a new folder hierarchy needed for examples or anything?

With multiple .csds open, is it possible to cleanup tabs and close some?

Text Scroling:
Scrolling in JUCE works nicely if that’s the aim. A little too sensitive for my liking but using my trackpad I can scroll in one or three line increments and consistent scrolling will increase in speed over a lot of code.

Scrolling in Cabbage has improved somewhat and scrolling up works okay on my trackpad, but scrolling down does still jump around a little. With lines of text scrolling increased to 2 or 3 in settings, the action seems to be the same - scrolling up is okay, but scrolling down is actually more off-putting in my opinion as the effect seems to be increased twofold or threefold.

Text in the console scrolls nice and smoothly. Does that work differently as its printed upon compiling?
I haven’t experienced any issues with the scroll bar, although it can be hard to see sometimes - can the colour be changed from settings? Also, can the colours of text highlighting be changed? It can be difficult to see if the editor or console background are a similar colour.

Inspector:
In fullscreen there’s no issue, but even in a maximized window, Misc (and the “value box” checkbox) are sometimes hidden… What’s strange is that Misc is only accessible when either Colours is collapsed, or when more two or more parameter groups above Colours are collapsed.
It’s a very minor detail obviously as its still accessible with an extra click.

The Endless Encoder widget displays no parameters under Images in the inspector.

That’s largely it, but it’s late here. I know you asked for clarification on one or two things in my previous post so I’ll get back to you about those too.

That’s for the report. I’ve been temporally sidetracked with something else this week that I can’t put off, but don’t worry, I’ll get back to these issues as son as I can.