Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pre-release Cabbage 2 for testing - part 5

Yep, i’m positive on the plugin paths to reaper.

Same path as other plugins ive been working on with Cabbage.

Should i install the beta over the existing Cabbage64 dir instead of using a second directory?

Matt

I don’t think it will make any difference. It doesn’t matter where the new binaries go as long as Cabbage 1 is installed. I have mine in a folder on the desktop. Maybe try moving them. Does Cabbage actually create the dll files when you export?

yep they do create a dll file, but Reaper doesnt see it. Even after i have the path re-scanned.

Can i email you the exported files to see if it works on your system?

Matt

Are the .csd files int the same directory? With the same name? If so, can you zip one, along with the dll and send it on? It might be a little large for this list. Maybe you can dropbox or wetransfer it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f3dhyhk1q1rp3f/TestVST.zip?dl=0

here is a simple gain vst done in the beta

Matt

Runs perfectly fine for me here. Does Repear even list the VST?

Run

No it doesn’t, which is odd.

Can you try clearing and re-scanning the plugin cache in Reaper? It’s very odd. But there is most likely a simple explanation…I hope!

OK

think I’ve solved the issue!

I installed the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 from Microsoft. That seemed to fix my issue on my machine. I exported a vst with the beta, then opened reaper, and it worked!

So it appears to be a local issue with my machine.

Matt

That’s good to know .Thanks for posting the solution. It may help someone else in the future!

Hey Rory,

I tried exporting a csound file (including a provided example) as VST effect on a friend’s mac. No luck. Cabbage creates a .vst file, but it isn’t picked up by any daw. This was the same issue I encountered with the latest Cabbage 1 beta. Is there anything I am missing?

This is odd. It’s working fine for me whenever I try to export. I can’t think of anything that might be causing an issue? Cabbage 1 works fine?

Yup, I tried on Cabbage 1.1.0. It has several problems after being exported (such as media files not being loaded), but it gets picked up by the DAWs.

What version of OSX are you using?

p.s. media files should be picked up if there are in the correct location, which is inside the .vst bundle.

Well, I don’t have the mac with me now, but he was using El Capitan (don’t know the exact version number). And the issue I was talking about is posted here : Custom GUI dont work when vst is loaded in Daw

Is there anything I can try? Reinstall Cabbage 1? The VST SDK is supplied with Cabbage 1 right?

Firstly, can you send me a simple example with custom GUI that didn’t work as a VST, I was sure this was fixed.

As for the second issue, this is trickier to solve but let’s keep trying. Can you send me an exported .vst bundle through Dropbox or wetransfer so I can try it out myself?

I’ve sent you a message with the links.

Also, my friend said he’s been getting the following console logs on both Cabbage1 and 2:

WARNING: could not open library ‘/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libjacko.dylib’ (-1)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/libjackTransport.dylib’ (-1)
WARNING: could not open library ‘/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/Resources/Opcodes64/librtjack.dylib’ (-1)

Related?

Thanks. I’ll check out the link and get back to you. Those warnings are not a problem. They have something to do with Jack not being found on his system but as Jack is not needed to run Csound you can just ignore them.

Both of those .vst bundles load for me in both Live and Reaper but the version from Cabbage1 doesn’t show the custom GUI even when I place the files within the bundle (I think this is because the files are contained within a separate folder). But everything loads fine in version 2 when I place the Assets folder into the Contents folder of the Cabbage2 bundle (see screen grab).

Note however that neither if these plugins will actually work because they contains syntax errors. I can’t see why this would prevent a DAW from loading them, but it’s probably the first thing to look into. The errors I’m getting are related to ftgenonce?

Thanks for testing them out! I’m stumped that they are getting picked up on your machine. And as for the errors, this is a pretty old version of the plugin, he might have changed a couple of things as well.