Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pre-release Cabbage 2 for testing - part 6

It’s not up to Cabbage, this is something that needs to be done on the Csound side. Csound will try to read from any channel you give it. Apart from parsing the Csound code myself I can’t see how else I could address this. And I have no intention of doing that :joy:

Ah OK, was not aware that cabbage relies on csound communication routines, I thought you implemented them yourself. My bad :slight_smile:

They do communicate, clearly, but what Csound does with Csound code is of no real interest to Cabbage. Csound merely make channels available to Cabbage when it starts performing. Cabbage will only check for the existence of valid channels declared in the Cabbage section. However, it doesn’t not make any assumptions the the user is using the correct name!

Indeed, user must be aware of that and it also provides one great advantage : it is possible to declare twice a widget with the same channel. Thereafter an example :

groupbox bounds(0, 0, 300, 100) text(“Oscillator 1 partials 1 - 6”) identchannel(“pop1_0”) child(1)
{
button bounds(240, 2, 60, 19) channel(“but1_0”) text("-> 7 - 12", “-> 1 - 6”) latched(1)
+other unique widgets
}

groupbox bounds(0, 0, 300, 100) text(“Oscillator 1 partials 7 - 12”) identchannel(“pop1_1”) child(1)
{
button bounds(240, 2, 60, 19) channel(“but1_0”) text(“7 - 12”, “1 - 6”) latched(1)
+new set of widgets
}

This allows to check the button status in order to switch between the 2 groupbox, the button remaining at the same place. I don’t know if anyone was aware of that trick.

Yes, you’ve stumbled upon quite a nice side effect of this system, only it may not be possible to maintain in Cabbage 2. The latest version of JUCE does not like when two parameter have the same name. So this old trick may not be possible in the future. I’m seeing if I can find a way to maintain it. Plenty of people have exploited its flexibility so far and I don’t want them to have to change loads of code.

Hello Rory,
The editor is behaving in a strange way as far as the colors of text and checkbox are concerned.
The font color “off” does not match the color “off” of the widget (when requested), the colors are inverted (or not taken into account for the text).
Please, see picture attached.

In addition to Iain Mc Curdy’s post, it seems that when a group of checkboxes is edited, the property radiogroup (if present) is always removed by the editor.
Hope this helps

There are new versions available for Mac and Windows in the releases thread. I think I’ve fixed most of the issues reported here, but I can’t do anything about the radiogroup across plants. Insofar as this is behaviour defined in the JUCE library. I can look at a fix myself, but it will involve a bit of a hack.

I still haven’t got round to fixing the ASIO problem on WIndows, but I did plug that rather large memory leak. Still lots to do.

Congratulations for new version !

Thanks Rory. The leak fix is a big one.
A couple of quick spots: the default off colour for checkboxes is red, shouldn’t it be black?
v/hmeter seems to have stopped working.

Great, I should have time to look into these tomorrow. I have both of these things fixed now, along with another issue with number-boxes. I’ll upload new installer tomorrow.