Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pre-release Cabbage 2 for testing - part 8

This is fixed now and pushed to git, but note when using string channel comboboxes:

• value() should be passed the initial string value you want for the combobox, not the index.
  • channeltype() needs to be declared before the value() identifier. I’ve added notes about this in the docs.

Here’s an example:
combobox bounds(140, 30, 55, 12), channel("p_size"), channeltype("string"), items("256", "512", "1024", "2048", "4096", "8192", "16384", "32768", "65536"), value("512"),
The issue here was that we were trying to set an initial numerical value as we do for regular comboboxes. This was initialising the channel as a numeric channel within Cabbage. Anyway, it should work fine now. Note that string channel comboboxes can’t be set using a native GUI in a plugin as VST plugin parameter don’t handle strings. They only work with normalised values between 0 and 1. Is this Ok @Oeyvind? Do you need to be able to change the values from your host’s native GUI? If so the best would be to create a regular combobox and a corresponding string array in Csound.

Hello all,
Here latest git version.
https://we.tl/lhgBB2ZAWY

Hello Rory,
SOmehow, the changes made in cabbage code are killing the presets on windows. Checkbox state is not remember, combobox neither… and open/closed groupboxes neither.
Sorry for the bad news.

Better to get the bad news now rather than later! Thanks for checking. I’ll try to sort it asap.

I just reverted back to pre-string channel combobox. You can pull if you want a stable build. I will now try to address the string channel issue again. Hopefully this time I won’t mess up everything else!

Can you try the latest source in git? Hopefully it’s all well again…

unfortunately, no as a VST in Reaper. Preset are not recalled, soundifler not populated, etc…
I attach some screen capture to show what happens
Load the VST and populate it with wavshapes

Preset is saved and reaper track is saved as it is in the picture ( no groupbox other opened). Close reaper and reopen it :

and it is impossible to reload the preset : see below :

Thanks for checking. Can you try building this git commit and checking things?

I’m worried something else may have broken it, before I started looking for a fix to Oeyvind’s issue…

[edit] to checkout a previous commit simply grab the commit code and do
git checkout 2ebc8f83f01fd92ead5d875b573a4e691b97c66c
the above code will grab the commit I’m talking about. Sorry I don’t have time to check this out myself, I will have more free time this weekend…

Hi Rory,
i came back to previous version : somehow therer are problem with updating the VSt when reloading a preset, it also happens that the VST gives no sound at all. Weird :frowning:

:confused: hmm, I wonder when it got broken. I’ll take some time this weekend to fix it. Apologies for any inconvenience.

(Edit) my plugins are working but the preset system is not…

I just pushed some new code to git. It’s working again for me now here on Linux. Would you mind checking on Windows when you get a chance? Thanks :wink:

Hiya,

I was trying to build Cabbage on Windows. This is a new work laptop, and I don’t have access to Dropbox and I can’t download the binaries, so I was trying to build it.
I’ve installed Csound, it’s in the usual location: C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64
I’ve modified the buildCabbage64.bat file to point to JUCE
I’ve added the SDK’s to required location.
I have an installation of VS2017, so I modified the jucer projects to have a new Exporter for Visual Studio 2017

When I try to build, I keep getting this error quite a lot of times :
c:\users\axm562\git\cabbage2source\cabaiste\source\audio\plugins\CsoundPluginProcessor.h(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: ‘csound.hpp’: No such file or directory (compiling source file …\Source\Application\CabbagePlug
inComponent.cpp) [C:\Users\axm562\git\Cabbage2Source\cabaiste\Builds\VisualStudio2017\Cabbage_App.vcxproj]

Any thoughts?

I use VS2017 but as VS2015.
For rebuilding cabbage IDE, you have to remove the reference to audio_plugin_client in CabbageIDE.jucer.
I attach the bat file I use for compiling.

buildCabbage64JM.bat.txt (1.4 KB)

Thanks for the reply. I can’t see any difference between this build file and the one that is on git. I’ve only had to change the location to my JUCE folder, which is here for me: (downloaded binaries from the JUCE site)
SET MYPATH=“C:\Tools\JUCE”

I removed audio_plugin_client module. Still no luck, Same errors persist. I kinda think it’s not able to pick up my Csound installation.

Can you try to use the VS 2015 compatibility of VS2017 ?

Your path should point to the location of Producer.exe

Well, this is where my Projucer.exe resides:
SET MYPATH=“C:\Tools\JUCE”

Also, when I open open up Cabbage.sln on VS2017, I find there are a few compilation errors when I try to build them.

Maybe you show us the compilation errors?

Well, there are loads of them, I might have some configuration wrong

I had lots of trouble at the beginning for compiling.
This was related to “non standard” places I had set up my libraries.
Somehow, JUCE ignored what I was telling it to find Csound, and Steinberg includes.

Now ASIO and VST SDK are under
C:\SDKs

and Csound is under program file.

I use home build PROJUCER JUCE 5.0.2 (which is not the latest version of juce).

Hope this helps