Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Pre-release Cabbage 2 for testing - part 9

As @rorywalsh has corrected most of the bugs previously (if not all of them) listed, this post is to list the ones found starting github version as of 1 Sept 2017.

Widgets

• Encoder : sending “active(0)” to the identchannel of an encoder turns it greyish … but the encoder still can be rotated and the textbox is updated with new values. The values sent to the channel are also still updated.

Editor
Not sure if this is feature or a bug : when help window is opened, it is not possible to edit the code in the editor. The Help window must be closed in order to enter text in editor window.

I also built the docs, and when I try to open them from the Help menu (both the Csound and the Cabbage Manual, also with Context Help) in Cabbage, I get a memory access fault.

Thanks guys. I’ll look into these issues. @temrix, did you try the very latest docs? The docs system is undergoing a change at the minute.

Yes, I freshly cloned the repo yesterday. Are there any further steps involved to make sure I get the latest version of the docs?

I did a gitbook init in the docs-directory and then gitbook build. After this, I built it using the build-Cabbage shell script.

When trying to save a file and none is opened, Cabbage crashes. Again, with memory access violation.

You have to use the python script convertMd.py to build the html pages

I did that now and uncommented the line for the docs in buildCabbage and it still does not work. I guess I should wait before it is clearly documented how to build the documentation. I guess it is broken for now anyway.

You don’t need to build the docs from buildCabbage. @rorywalsh is rewriting hte whole doc system in order to make it more flexible.

Here is a link to the last set of docs in HTMl format.

https://we.tl/IZMRv9eAoW

Simply unpack the zip archive and tell Cabbage where to find the doc in the Edit->Settings menu.
But don’t open the manual if you don’t have any csound file already opened.
Hope this helps

1 Like

Hi there,

is it possible in the new release to export a Cabbage patch as a standalone application?

I tried the same procedure that I use with Cabbage 1 (rename the original .app file with the patch name), but it seems not working…:sweat_smile:

Yes, this if the plan but it may take a while as I need to roll a new standalone first. It’s on the list.

That’s great!
I remember that once you said “The latest versions of Cabbge will use the system wide Csound if it can’t find its own.” Does it means that there’ll no need to have sound installed to run the .app?

It would be perfect to create music applications for children.

You’d probably have to package Csound with your standalone. But it’s easily added to an installer. I have installer scripts that can be edited for this purpose.

Ok, I don’t want to go off topic…
So it may be a good idea to learn how to use NSIS… :joy:

Thanks!