Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Presets

After exporting to a vst. The way that the presets are setup it dose not allow me to came back to my preset. It is was just two separate buttons i can make for a saving and load presets it would be a lot easier instead of just making new ones all the time.

You’re not giving me much information to go with here. What version of Cabbage are you using, what OS are you on? Can you post the .csd? The more information you can provide the easier it will be for us to help. Did you try the preset example? If you export that as a VST does it work Ok for you?

Are you asking why we have to manually create a filebutton along with a combobox each time we wish to create some presets? It’s true that it is a little bit of work, but it’s quite easier to copy and paste from the examples. Or take this simple plant:

groupbox bounds(10, 188, 180, 60) text("Presets"), plant("preset"){
filebutton bounds(10, 25, 60, 25), text("Save"), populate("*.snaps"), mode("snapshot")
combobox bounds(71, 25, 100, 25), populate("*.snaps")
}

The system is purposely generic so that users can style and present their preset systems any way they like. I will be adding new and easier ways of inserting these type of generic controls into instruments soon. So hopefully it will make things easier for you.

Btw, I just fixed an issue with combo boxes and the GUI properties editor. It’ll be in the next release.