Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Revisiting a combobox problem, slippery item

You’re not wrong. Let me look at the code again…

I might have to do some experimenting… but I really need to stop cabbaging until later today.

I’m wondering if the new behavior is actually correct. The old shot shows the green knob and trackers as being the same (or very very close to the same) color, however they’re defined as:
colour(0,255,0,160), trackercolour(0, 255, 0, 255),

That definitely had something to do with the change. When I was updating the sliders over Christmas I noticed this issue and resolved it. Right now the non-focused state of a slider has a very slightly dimmed appearance so as to create a clear contrast to a focused widget. It think the current colours are better and more consistent than before.

While I like the idea in concept, I’m a little hesitant with it. I feel like the user should have full control of the widget’s appearance, and this undermines that to a small degree. Perhaps there could be a setting to disable dimming of unfocused widgets, or maybe give users the ability to set the unfocused vs. focused color; opening the possibility of WILD differences between the two?

I don’t know, just brainstorming… it’s really not a big deal to me, just trying to imagine use cases that might be helpful in the future.