Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Save Csound file to RPi (Cabbage 2 beta)

Just tried it. I entered the Pi’s IP address in the config. I get:
ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/libexec/ssh-askpass): no such file or directory
Permission denied, please try again

1. where do I enter the ssh password?
  2. why does it also starts the csd when I execute this command?

BTW, the version number still shows 1.0.0 on my Mac…

A bit further now. I found this:

I still get ‘permission denied’, though…

Isn’t there a way to setup SSH so that you don’t have to keep typing the password? I think I had to do this initially?

Yes, that should be possible. I’ll give it a try.

This does not solve it. I can now from the terminal ssh to the Pi without a password, but when I run the Save to RPi command from Cabbage it still asks for a password.
Other issues I found:

The ‘Open recent’ menu shows no previous files

Like the Save to RPi command, the Save command also starts the csd. Is that intended?

When I start the csd via the start button, stop it and start it again, the second time it fails with
INIT ERROR in instr 0: cannot start OSC listener on port 7777. (I use OSCInit in inst 0). It looks like stopping the csd does not clean up properly…

I’ll have to dig up my RPi and try this again. As I mentioned before, it’s more or less untested. Btw, do you get that OSC error with all .csd files in Cabbage 2? And did you sort the issue with sound? Can you successfully open and run any instruments without issue (ignoring the RPi issues that is).

The OSC error is only in a csd that has OSCinit in instr0.
This is a pure Csound csd, BTW, no Cabbage stuff. When I start the csd from the command prompt, ctrl-C it and start it again this problem does not occur.

I have tried all synth instruments so far, and a few others. Here are my findings:
FFT spectrum shows nothing
Oscilloscope: crackled sound
Logcurves: exits Cabbage
hsboscil synth is missing knobs
Oscillator bank synth is missing knobs

Thanks Richard. I’ll take a look.