Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Setting author name and plugin category?

I just built my compressor plugin.When i export it,i can’t see author name or any info.How can i add my label’s info?

Thanks.

You can simply add a label to the interface so that when the GUI opens it shows some info about who made the plugin. Or did you mean something else?

Thanks for reply.Yes i’m thinking about adding label to GUI.But in DAW’s browser,it’s in Cabbage category.I want to see it in Analog Obsession(my label) category.Like other plugins…

Sorry, this is not possible. That info is hard-coded into the plugin binary when Cabbage is compiled. It can’t be dynamically altered without rebuilding Cabbage and modifying the source code. I’ve looked into this before but it really is a nightmare to do on the fly. One thing you can try is searching the binary image, .dll on Windows, .so on Linux, or the binary contained with the OSX bundle for CabbageAudio, or whatever string appears in your DAW. You could use a program like 0xED for OSX. Once you find the string you can try replacing it with the name you like. This may or may not work, and it’s a fairly tedious process. But surely worth a try.

If I was selling Cabbage I would definitely find a way to remove all traces of ‘Cabbage’ from the plugin info. But as it’s open source and free it’s just not something I want to spend time on. Anyhow, let us know if it works. It might be useful for others.

It’s too complicated for me.I will pass :slight_smile:

Thanks for reply!

Ha. I hear that!