Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Slugs on Ver. 2.0.27a on OSX [resolved]

Btw, what’s the status/expectation of the XML special characters handling issue in imported plants for v2 release? Should I bite the bullet and start converting opcodes to be xml friendly, or is that something that might be in place and ready for v2.0? (fingers crossed)

I’ve tested my original list of grievances and they are all solved, great! signaldisplay waveform is the right way up too.

You don’t need to use the special char references now. Just plain old text will do fine. I’ll check tabletest now. I can’t think what might be causing it to fail. Btw, can you zip me your latest files so we’re on the same sheet?

[edit] it’s failing for me too. Seems some changes have been lost. Thanks to git I should be able to get them back quickly enough…

[edit] I have that fixed now. Apologies, it was work in another area yesterday that caused that little blip. I will build and upload a new version for you in the hour or so.

No sweat… give me a few, I’ll check the XML. I thought it failed, but I need to reinstall fresh again… I had already backed up. :slight_smile:

edit: Fantastic! XML characters appear to be working fine… tho my imported plants aren’t showing. I’m guessing that’s part of the regressions too? I’ll leave it in your trusty hands!

Just building now…

Oh no! Dreaded macro errors are back! I assume this is in Csound 6.10.

If you mean Csound related macro errors, then I’m afraid i can’t help. All I can say if STOP USING MACROS! They seem to change in every version of Csound lately. Now would be a good time to report it, 6.10 is almost upon us. Can you recreate the problems with plain old Csound code?

[edit] the latest version of Cabbage comes with 6.10, so it looks like it could be the culprit.

All I can say is (respectfully) STOP BREAKING THE MACROS! :innocent:

I guessed it was Csound. I was just expressing my frustration, sorry!
I have pretty much given up using macros for precisely the reason you point out. I have a legacy of stuff that uses them though and for backwards compatibility macros ought to work. I’ll file a ticket on Csound GitHub once I pin it down.

I realise this, and I sympathise with you. I really do.

You can’t blame me for this one :joy: My hands are clean!

@t_grey I’m just uploading a new build now. Check the beta pages in a few moments. The last build finished at 5.18, which is amazingly 7 minutes from now. Don’t ask, my Mac is messed up in more ways than just the clock :pensive:

[edit] it’s there now…

First load from sublime is working.
Color/style import is working.
Imported plant is working.

XML fails in GUI_TEST. Line numbers may be slightly off between our versions if comments etc are different, but no actual code should have changed on the imported plant… that said, error is:

Unexpected character $(24) line 169
cannot compile orchestra

Yes, It seems to work well here too. Great!

Ps. It now installs Csound, but due to a recent bug in 6.10 (macros with arguments, now fixed in source), I had to roll back to 6.09 manually. When a new OSX 6.10 installer is built, it should be all ok.

That’s good to know. And it also most likely means that the macro issues reported by @iainmccurdy have already been fixed.

I think they have. I’ve just had my wrist slapped on GitHub for reporting it again.

Looks like this this happening because the imported Cabbage UDOs are being expanded before the #include in Csound. So, what is the preferred behavior here? I assume it’s best to have them appear after any include statements? I can drop them in right before the first instr definition?

Hello, nice to see there is an official beta! But which one is the latest among the 3 beta on the link above?
I am really keen to download it and try this week end.

Each beta filename has its creation date and time on it. If that’s not enough to give it away, most recent betas appear on the top of each list. I’ll try to get some Windows binaries up soon.

Right… But not Évry one uses uk/us,time stamp… I know, I am French…
And I was not sure if you were still thinking of windows users :grin:

I’ve not forgot window users. We don’t use those time stamps either. But I couldn’t be bothered changing my locale settings :blush: