Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

[Solved] Cabbage compilation issues on Debian testing

Hi all!
I would love to get cabbage running, but I’m having trouble compiling it on current Debian testing. I have tried both the current cabbage-master and cabbage-development, and they both throw some warnings when compiling CabbageToolbarFactory.cpp:
("…/…/Source/Application/CabbageToolbarFactory.cpp:150:50: warning: ‘void juce::Button::setToggleState(bool, bool)’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
togglePlayButton->setToggleState (true, false);

and then go on to compiling a bunch of other stuff and then fail with:

Compiling include_juce_opengl.cpp
Compiling include_juce_video.cpp
Linking CabbageLite - App
/tmp/ccShJzii.o: In function Csound::GetInputName()': testCsoundFile.cpp:(.text._ZN6Csound12GetInputNameEv[_ZN6Csound12GetInputNameEv]+0x18): undefined reference tocsoundGetInputName’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

when compiling the CabbageLite project. JUCE is version 5.2.0, downloaded source code and compiled without errors. Csound is version 6.11, also downloaded and compiled from source. SDK folder is ~/SDKs/VST3_SDK

A Cabbage binary is generated and can be run, but it segfaults if I click to unmute sound, can load some .csd’s but doesn’t have any options to export anything, only limited menus.

Anyone has any ideas on what might be going on?

Give me a sec, I just need to reboot into Linux.

You’re just running

./buildCabbage

from the LinuxMakefile directory right? It built without issue for me here. For what it’s worth, I’m build against Csound 6.10. If you like you can just edit the build script to remove this line:

g++ ../../Source/testCsoundFile.cpp -o testCsoundFile -I"/usr/local/include/csound" -lcsound64

And then run Cabbage from the CabbageBuild folder that the buildCabbage.sh scripts creates. Oh hang on. It could be linking to a rogue version of Csound. Try changing that line to:

g++ ../../Source/testCsoundFile.cpp -o testCsoundFile -I /usr/local/include/csound -L /usr/loca/lib -lcsound64

If that doesn’t work, just nuke that line completely. That should get everything building Ok.

Thanks Rory, yes, I was running ./buildCabbage from inside the directory. I commented out that line from the script and now it built without errors, only still with the same warnings. The binary that is generated now seems to be running without problems, I can export an example plugin as VST and get it working in a host.
Next challenge is getting Hadron particle synthesizer to work… :slight_smile: I get some syntax errors from that one, but that might be something for a separate thread.

same error i was getting on ubuntu when it tries to run the example it throw that error even with the latest csound [6.11 here now]