Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Switching images with slider

I’m trying to export plugin with includes feature but it says Cabbage can’t bundle images.

But still has issue with meter.It’s not working smooth.

Can you send on your current code, and all files, so I can take a look?

Here is Mac vst.Code and all files inside.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91809016/AO/FCOMP.zip

I can’t seem to download that link right now. I’m currently on a bus and it seems the wifi won’t let me access any dropbox or wetransfer links ;( I will try again later if I can, or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks for your interest!

I’m still working on it.I hope it will be great.

My compressor plugin almost done.Just working on vu meter.

Btw, I’m going to move this thread to the Cabbage Stew section. The Cabbage farmers section is more about those developing Cabbage rather than instruments using Cabbage.

it’s okay!

You need to account for negative values. Use the abs opcode:

SMessage sprintfk "file(knob%d.png)", abs(int(k1*31))

Without this, some of the filenames will contain a minus sign, which causes issues. Before proceeding I’d suggest you remove all those image widgets. They really aren’t necessary. It would be far more efficient to use the same method I suggested for your VU meter (which looks great btw!).

Great thread guys, and some enlightening code. Any updates about performance issues when using .png knobs inside DAWs?

Should be Ok now with the new version. The last version was doing some silly drawing when it came to images. My fault of course, but all the code has been tidied up with the new version. I just need to get around to building the plugins. I’m just having a small issue on Windows that I want to sort out before releasing betas.

Had a pretty hard time figuring out how to use PNG for knobs. Saw this thread but it looked a bit troublesome making 30 different PNGs for every position. Though mine is a tiny bit off axis, i embedded an alternative way of using PNG knobs for anyone else looking to do this:

button.zip (15.3 KB)

I agree. I’m working on a better way of supported single images.

I just tested Shisagi’s code. The Hrange widget seemed unstable and the player crashed everytime the cursor went near it. I removed that, and all was good. (Win764 v1.1.07)
This approach is handy, but doesnt look as good as using multiple images. Have you tried making the “shine” on the knob image a semi transparent overlay that stays in place?

thats a nice idea, but the Knobs are not rotating here with me. i tried all the other code posted in this thread too, nothing is really working and i have no clue why :frowning: i just need a single knob image that i can rotate. did something changed lately in cabbage so the code snippets i found here arnt working anymore ? its frustrating.

Yes, quite a lot changed. If you could potentially create a new post with links to code that doesn’t work I’ll have a good place to start. Cheers.