Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Transposing Cabbage's keyboard

Hello. For some reason when i use the computer keyboard to play midi within Cabbage, I get very low midi notes. Is there any way to transpose this midi keyboard in cabbage?
This also happens when I have exported to a plugin. Notes are played as expected when the plugin window is closed, but when I open it notes become 2 octaves lower. It is the same way with the stock project that opens with cabbage too.
An easy fix would be to just transpose the midi by adding 24 to p4, but this still makes a two octave gap between notes from the cabbage keyboard and midi-in.
Alternatively I can just remove the keyboard from the plugin altogether, but I have a feeling there is an easy fix…
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Børge

Let me look into it. I’d rather not add 24 to p4…

I managed to read your last mail before you deleted it. So did you get it sorted? Or does the problem persist. I’ve not had a chance to check it myself yet…

Oh sorry! I deleted it because i wrote that I thought it had resolved itself, but I was mistaken…

What host are you using? In Reaper I notice the note is played an octave below when fed from the piano roll. But in Live, Garageband and all the other hosts I tried, it’s working fine. I wonder if it is just a setting in Reaper? I’m not too familiar with any of these hosts, but if I hard coded a change it’s going to cause problems in the other hosts…

I’m using live. Just to make it clear, notes work as intended when sent from the piano roll! It’s just when the plugin window is open and and I’m playing with the computer keys. It seems Cabbage overrides the input from Live somehow.
I got around it by removing the plugin-window keyboard from the plugin, and I don’t think you need to worry about changing this unless other people start having similar issues.

Ok, I’ll try again when I get a chance. Does seem odd, but hey, wouldn’t be the first time!

This is an issue of how Live maps it’s ASCII keys to notes. I’m not sure there is a standard for this. But I could add an identifier so you could modify the mapping. The first note is played with the ‘a’ character. I could allow users to set that to a particular C?

Hello, sorry for being super late. That would be very very nice, thank you.