Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Unity: no sound in OSX and Windows builds

Hi! I made a game scene with Csound asset. It launches pretty well in Unity player on my mac. It tried to make build, and it also launches on my system without any problems. But, on other PC and OSX comps it completely silent. No sound in build (

Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/csound64.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/.\csound64.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/csound64
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/.\csound64
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/libcsound64.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/.\libcsound64.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/libcsound64.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/.\csound64.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/.\csound64
Fallback handler could not load library I:/RewardHamlet_Data/Mono/.\libcsound64.dll
DllNotFoundException: csound64.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) csoundcsharp.Csound6/NativeMethods:csoundSetControlChannel (intptr,string,double)
at CsoundUnityBridge.setChannel (System.String channel, Single value) [0x00000] in :0
at CsoundUnity.Awake () [0x00000] in :0

Here is the fragment of log that i found in windows build data folder.

I’m sorry. I should figure out that it necessary ti install Csound package on a system where we’ll launch our build.

So is it all good then? On Windows you don’t need to have Csound installed so long as it’s in the streamingassets folder, as per the demo scenes. On OSX you do, but only until I find the time to figure out how to avoid it. It’s not a big deal, but time is not my friend at the moment.

All fine, but i wasn’t able to run windows build without installing Csound package.

PS: With your help yesterday I made a small report in my college about real-time ambisonics encoding, adaptive reverb and spatialization in Unity and Csound. Thanks a lot )

That sounds impressive! Where are you studying?

I’m only implementing other’s inspiring researches ) It’s Moscow FIlm School, interactive sound design department.

Nice to see some Csound users in Moscow :wink:

1 Like