Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Update slider positions from body

You mean in Cabbage?
For some reason it’s not letting me use the Asio Drivers on my interface, and the SR is stuck at 48k, but it IS making noises!

Restart and try again? If it’s making noises then it’s hardly the issue. I can take a look tomorrow when we meet in Maynooth :wink: Sorry if this screws up your talk!

Will give that a go in a sec, currently just messing around with trying to implement a variable fft size in the plugin (not sure what the best way to do this is, so i opted for making a shitload of function tables and using an unholy amount of conditionals hahhaha)
Doesn’t really affect anything on the talk! It’s literally just a UI thing which I’d like to get going before I send it out to a few people to do some testing and feedback stuff on, so there’s no real panic!
Looking forward to the thing tomorrow, was overjoyed when you said to use VSCode, never knew it had a Csound extension!!

I’m glad you like my icons + colours theme. :blush:

1 Like

Hey @Syl_Morrison, can you try this one?

Still no luck :((
Sorry for late reply, have been on a massive C++ buzz since Maynooth, understanding it a lot more now, just finished a free course on it and am moving back to Juce to try and wrap my head around it again! (Was Iain saying they were considering making it a monthly thing? I’d absolutely love that!)

I don’t think we can manage a monthly thing, but we can see about holding another workshop next semester. I’m stumped as to why this version isn’t working for you. Can you try choosing a different sound card in your settings and see if that helps?

Sorry again for the MASSIVE delay, went on the backburner again due to other assignments and needing to finish tracks for people, hopefully gonna get super into it in the next few days, Just went through everything including reinstalling and deleting the settings, testing on Windows Audio, Direct Audio and Asio and running the chnset Test and still nothing for me, could it be something to do with windows version seeing as its working on your computer maybe? let me know if you need me to send specifics about my OS etc etc

What version of Windows are you using? I’m at a loss here. I’m using Windows 10, a fairly recent update.

Are from the “system” settings thing, I’m about to try it on a friend’s computer just setting up remote access stuff, will keep you posted

Okay weird one, I got a friend to try it and am trying it on a remote server, clean install of cabbage and csound, and cabbage isn’t running, saying it couldn’t find csound64.dll even thought it’s in the path, I’m thinking maybe I’ve got several installs of csound on mine? at any rate i’m trying it with an install of csound from the csound website (EDIT OH MY GOD I’M SUCH AN IDIOT I WAS MOVING THE WRONG SLIDER HAHAHHA I’M SO SORRY)
Last Edit: how much hassle would it be to make that installer do 32 bit cabbage? My Daw is 32 bit so 64 bit plugins won’t open in it

Classic! A 32-bit version would need a 32 bit build of Csound. It’s not impossible, but it would be a bit of work. Is there no way you can find a 64-bit version of your DAW?

Btw, another users has said they had issues with csound64.dll too. I’ll take a look tomorrow, perhaps there is an issue with the installer.

1 Like

I should make the switch to 64 at some point for sure, for now I can test it in something else in 64! Installing from the csound site works, thank you so much for your help!