Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Using STK OPCodes - Syntax?

Hello,

Can someone help me figure out how to use a STK OPCode in an instrument, for instance, the STK Bowed instrument? When I copy and paste the code from the csound files folder, the header information is corrected to not save the output file, etc., however it will not compile due to the syntax right before the OPCode because it says that it is expecting a variable where the asig portion is of the following line(s):

; Select audio/midi flags here according to platform -odac ;;;realtime audio out ;-iadc ;;;uncomment -iadc if RT audio input is needed too ; For Non-realtime ouput leave only the line below: ; -o STKBowed.wav -W ;;; for file output any platform

sr = 44100
ksmps = 32
nchnls = 2
0dbfs = 1

instr 1

ipch = p4
kv2 = p7 ;position on bow
kv1 line p5, p3, p6 ;bow pressure
kv4 line 0, p3, 7 ;depth of low-frequency oscillator

asig STKBowed cpspch(ipch), 1, 2, kv1, 4, kv2, 11, 40, 1, kv4, 128, 100
asig = asig*2 ;amplify
outs asig, asig
endin

i 1 0 15 6.00 20 100 115
i 1 17 3 7.00 120 0 0
i 1 21 3 7.09 120 0 30
i 1 21 4 7.03 50 0 0
e

Thanks for anyone who can help me out.

I’ve never used these opcodes, but can you post the output from Csound? What OS are you on? I’m not even sure these opcodes come with all versions of Csound…

I am on Windows 8, 64bit, surface pro 1. I am using the latest cabbage version and have attached the error message when compiling.

You’ll need to install this windows version of Csound to get access to those opcodes. I have never built them. Always found them to be a pain to compile.

1 Like

So I installed the full csound package and opened cabbage to do the same thing and it gave me the same errors. Do I need to point cabbage to the new csound installation? If so, how would I do that?

Ok. Copy the stkopc.dll from the newly installed Csound plugins64 directory to the Cabbage program directory. Everything should work after that.

1 Like