Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Xypad y-axis

There seems to be something wrong with xypad in the y-axis. Example:
xypad channel("x", "y"), bounds(5, 5, 390, 290), rangex(10,20,15), rangey(10,20,15)
Both x and y-axes should behave the same but the widget’s text output indicates that the y-axis is moving between 0 and 10 but when this checked in an instrument, the “y” channel output it is shown to remain stuck at the initial value 15. If the minimum value is zero and not 10 it works as it ought to.

Thanks Iain. I’m not sure when this crept in. It looks to me like it works Ok if the y-range starts from 0. Not that this is a solution, but it might help me isolate the problem. I’ll take a look tomorrow and once I find a fix I’ll create a hot-fix release.

Just pushed a fix through for this. I’ll send you a link to a beta to test before I push through the fix as a release. I’ve a feeling this bug could have been with is since the start of Cabbage 2 :confused:

Can you try the latest OSX beta here. Cheers.

Behaviour appear to be much the same. I’m attaching what I am using.
xypadtest.csd (508 Bytes)
The y channel shows the initial y value within the widget correctly (15), but when it is moved it changes from 0 to 10 and not 10 to 20 as it ought to. Within Csound a value of 15 is also correctly received initially but thereafter no changes are received for the y-axis if the widget is changed.
Is the beta you uploaded perhaps not the correct version? I think something like this happened last week.

Yup, there’s every chance that happened…let me take a look.

[edit] my bad. my super clever automatic build system is proving to be a little dense. I’ll try again…

[edit 2] @iainmccurdy can you try this one. I haven’t got a chance to upload it to the betas page…

That one’s working perfectly now!