Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

1 input to 9 or 16 outputs

Hello

I would need to build a 1 input to 9 (or 16) output plug-in. Can cabbage handle this? From an hold thread in the forum it seems it cannot. However a multichannel version looks to be available somewhere. Does anyone have information about it?

Best regards
Max

Hi Max. What platform are you on? I am happy to build once-off multichannel versions if needed, but packaging them would take a lot of work. However, I can only produce a plugin multi-channel version. I don’t have a multi out soundcard so I can’t test the standalone program. If this is Ok let me know what platform you need it for.

Thank you so much!!! I am using a Mac (El Capitan). Would it be possible to have both the 9 and 16 outputs? I am doing some tests with ambisonics and that would be very helpful!

I’ll see what I can put together for you during the week.

Here you go:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11301894/16IOPlugins.zip
Note that you will need to replace the two .component files inside your main Cabbage .app bundle with these files. It would be advisable to simply rename the existing ones so you have them later if you need them. After that you should be able to export channels with up to 16 outputs. Let me know if it works for you, I’ve not had time to test it! Your newly created plugins should at least have multiple outputs now when you try them in a DAW.

Thank you so much!!! I ll test it and let you know ASAP

Hello. Everything is working fine! I was able to build my ambisonics panner. Thank you so much!

Sweet!

Hello! I have been testing the plug-ins with OSX 10.9 and it is not recognized by any host (while I have no problems in El Capitan). Would it be possible to recompile the module you sent me, allowing back compatibility starting from osx 10.7?
Thank you again for the great tech support!

I’ll take a look when I get back on my mac, but it won’t be until Monday. I thought it would work for 10.9? Hmm…

[edit] I just checked and I have the OSX deployment to 10.7. There must be another issue. Does Cabbage run in standalone mode? If Cabbage runs then there must be an issue with your plugin paths? Or?