Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

AU Problems

Hi,

I’m returning to a project that I started a while back which involves AUs and Ardour.

I’ve just downloaded the new version of Cabbage and CabbageAU and I’m using Ardour 4.7.13 on OS X 10.9.5.

Loading CabbageAUSynth into Ardour (at startup) fails with the following error message:

“Cannot get I/O configuration info for AU CabbageSynth”

CabbageAUEffect loads into Ardour (at startup) and appears in the plugin manager however it fails when I try to load it into a track with the following error message:

“AudioUnit: Could not convert CAComponent to CAAudioUnit”

I’ve also tried this with Ardour-5.0.rc1.1 however the results were the same.

Any idea about what’s going on here?

Cheers,

Chris

I don’t, and I’m afraid I won’t be in a position to check until I return to work as that’s where my OSX machine is hiding out! It will be a few weeks at least before I’m back. I really can’t even give you an idea of what’s going on. The last time I checked they loaded fine, but Ardour wouldn’t display them properly. They have since made some changes to Ardour that should address the problem. But it now appears that there is a new problem. I will look at it as soon as I can. Apologies for any inconvenience. It all works perfectly in Linux if that’s any good to you?

Ok, no problems, if you could look into it when you get a chance that would be great. In the mean time I can brush up on some Csound and DSP!

Cheers!

Good thinking. By the time I get around to fixing this you’ll be publishing new and unheard off DSP algorithms!