Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage missing "note off" messages - notes stay open

Just tried Cabbage with a simple instrument. When I play the virtual keyboard with the mouse, things work as expected. When I play either standalone Cabbage, or a Cabbage built vst plugin from my MIDI keyboard, a few of the notes seem to lose the Note Off, and they stay on. Now, the virtual keyboard doesn’t show that the note is held - it’s just that the sound continues. If I click the same note with the mouse, it normally shuts the note off. I don’t have this issue playing other software with my MIDI keyboard, including other VST plugins in the same host.

Thanks for any help. Here is the .csd.

<Cabbage>
form caption("Untitled") size(1500, 300), colour(58, 110, 182), pluginID("def1")
keyboard bounds(8, 158, 1400, 95),  
rslider bounds(184, 0, 114, 73), channel("rslider"), range(0, 1, , 1, 0.001), text("Fooman", ""),  
</Cabbage>
<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
-n -d -+rtmidi=NULL -M0 -m0d --midi-key-cps=5 --midi-velocity-amp=4
</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>
; Initialize the global variables. 
sr = 44100
ksmps = 32
nchnls = 2
0dbfs = 1

;instrument will be triggered by keyboard widget
instr 1
print p4, p5
ivol	init	p4
ipitch init p5
irelease chnget "rslider"
kEnv madsr .01, .2, .6, irelease
aOut vco2 ivol, ipitch, 12

outs aOut*kEnv, aOut*kEnv
endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
;causes Csound to run for about 7000 years...
f0 z

i1 0 .5, 1, 40
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

Toby

Hi Toby, what version are you using? I just tried here on Windows with the latest build and I’m not seeing any issues. Might you be using an older version?

Hi Toby,

I’ve remembered something. If your MIDI keyboard has an option that says something like “Use External MIDI Clock” or anything similar, try changing it. It worked with a Yamaha keyboard.

Cheers.

I’m glad you were here! I found a setting on my Yamaha keyboard called ‘Sync’. Changed it from ‘Int’ (internal I guess) to MIDI. Now Cabbage plays fine. It’s strange that after 10 years of playing all sorts of software with the same keyboard I never once before had this problem.

Thanks!

Tobiah

Cabbage is a very special software :wink:

Thanks for letting us know you were able to resolve the problem, and to @gsenna for his input. I wouldn’t have known where to start on that one!