Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage Presets on Bitwig Studio

Bitwig Studio 1.3.10 DEMO, Cabbage v1.1.01

Hi,

I do not understand why the presets not work:

when changing presets, nothing happens, the sound and the interface remain the same…
also the first preset is not loaded :flushed:

(PS: many and many beautiful days with your child, Rory and Wife… a new life begins now…)

what can I do?

chrees,

R

There is an ongoing issue with presets as the moment. I thought I had it sorted, but it’s back :frowning: I will look into it once I get a chance. I promise!

p.s. It’s only when loading presets in a host. As far as I know, loading presets in standalone mode works fine!

Hi,

accurate, standalone everything worked, either by hand or via MIDI Program Change;

in a DAW both modes do not respond.

Many thanks!

R

Can you try building from the develop branch and see it it works Ok now? I tried some simple tests and they passed Ok, but didn’t have time to really push it!

Hey Rory,

The preset functionality still seems to be buggy. Standalone works quite well, but inside a host (I’m using Reaper), its behavior is sort of erratic. My effect plugin fails to work on the host if the preset snapshots are present on the working directory. If I remove the preset functionality, it works fine. Also, I noticed that the snapshot values are not accurately represented when they are loaded. I tried exporting Examples -> Instructional -> Preset as VST. I encountered the second problem, where snapshot values are not loaded correctly.

Also, I was hoping you could fix this issue: If you make changes to the parameters while you are on one preset, and try to select the same preset again, the parameter values of that preset are not reflected and remains the same. This is especially inconvenient while only one patch is available. Could you modify the functionality such that it sends a changed value trigger when simply reselecting the same preset?

Thanks much

Parametric EQ.rar (1.5 MB)

Rats, I thought this was sorted. I’ll take a look. Hopefully it’s something straight forward.

[edit] I just took a look there, so it seems that the preset functionality is working, but the controls aren’t being updated? If that what you see too? The Csound channels are being updated, but not the GUI?

What platform are you on? I think I have a fix for this. I can try to run off a build tomorrow. I feel your pain about not being able to reset back to a preset once you change some parameters, but this is not an easy update. The library I use only triggers events when the combobox has changed. I’m reluctant to spend time on a solution to this as I’m currently rewriting Cabbage from the ground up. Rather than spend time in the old code base I would rather add this to the list of things for Cabbage v2. The only thing is, I can’t say when t expect Cabbage v2. Hopefully around Christmas, or a little after.

Btw, Csound itself can be used to store presets, by writing the value of each channel to a file, but it takes a lot more work!

Well, I’m running Windows 7 64bit. The GUI is not being updated on changing presets, yes. But more importantly, my plugin fails to work at all when the presets are on the same working directory. It works only in bypass mode. I didn’t notice this behavior on another Example plugin I was looking at. Any tips on debugging this with an output console widget maybe?

I just uploaded a new build here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11301894/Cabbage64Setup.exe
Can you try it out and let me know?

No luck :frowning:

Same problems persist.

Eek. Hmm. I’ll take another look over the weekend. Sorry about that. I thought I had it sorted.

I’ve uploaded a new version for Windows that seems to fix the issue you reported. The instrument you posted now loads its presets fine for me.

p.s. same link as before

This works now! Thanks much.

But the presets being misrepresented, is still a problem. When a new preset is selected, it’s values are all messed up on the VST.

Crap. I thought it was sorted. Leave it with me.

Oh hey, I figured out why that was happening! I was meddling around with the channel names after creating presets. Since the presets are XML representation of older channels names, I was getting some unexpected behavior! Thought you should know.

Good to know. For the newest version I use the same routines for both the presets and when a DAW saves a session. Less code to look over if things go wrong :wink: