Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage Studio Mac thoughts

hey folks, finally had a nice sitdown to try Cabbage Studio, first off i wanted to say that i was really impressed with the quality and usability overall of the setup. i’ve never gotten into Csound before but this might tip the balance for me. great work, and the fact the code is still there and usable/modifiable is fantastic, as is stuff like realtime audio and MIDI input.

i just had some quick questions on some things - like patchcord editing? as in, is there any way to delete a particular patch cord connection without killing all the connections? i suppose maybe trying the testing versions might be in order.

also seemed to have issues on how to use the matrix sequencer and function generators in MIDI mode. any docs for Cabbage Studio per se? inquiring minds and all.

thanks for any assistance! and BTW yes i am the same guy posting the issue for using Rory’s Csound Unity plugins, and my intentions for using it in Unity will be made clearer in other posts.

Cabbage Studio has more or less be consolidating into the new version of Cabbage. But it’s still usable as is. It’s possible to break a connection by simply clicking on the patch chord. Basic docs can be found here. Maybe you would like to try out the latest pre-release beta version of Cabbage? It’s probably best moving forward to stick to that one.

awesome - will definitely try it out. thanks!