Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage VST doesn't process audio until GUI displayed

Having a strange small issue with the ModulatingDelays example, which I’ve exported to a VST.

It doesn’t process audio (or any preceding it) until the gui window is opened up. Tested on mac Renoise and Reaper and both have the same problem. In the host, the instance is set to run even when silent, so it shouldn’t be in ‘sleep mode’.

Does Cabbage perform an init pass when the gui is displayed?

In fact, I can see the host plugin sliders jump to the stored state when the gui is opened, so it looks like the plugin isn’t initialised on load

Hi Rory may correct me if I am wrong but at start, all channels used by cabbage are initiated. It is likely that the GUI needs to be instantiated in order to init all parameters.

It shouldn’t be this way. The Csound channels are set up as soon as the instrument is triggered to play, regardless of whether the GUI is open or not. I’ll take a look,

All channel are initialised based on the contents of the .csd file, and not on the plugin window. It looks like this particular issue is related to the range sliders, as all the other plugins I tested work fine. At least I know where to start digging now. Leave it with me. Btw, what OS are you on?

[This is fixed now. I’ve still a few things to do before building the next beta, but it shouldn’t be long I hope…]

Hi Rory

I’m on 10.12.6 macOS. Yes it does look like the range sliders are the problem. Nice one for finding a fix!

cheers

Should have a new beta for you to try tomorrow. Thanks for reporting it.