Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cabbage Vst - Wav sample .. wrong reading speed

Hello all,

Being new in Csound I don’t know where the bug relies : me coding (likely) , cabbage export vst or reaper.
I use Cabbage main version x64 win10, reaper : last version available.
I am trying to make a little drum machine based on samples based on Cabbages examples.
When using it with cabbage only, the samples are read at the right speed.
Once the csound file is exported as a VST, I load it into REAPER.

• At first load, the VST crashes REAPER… this has been reported earlier
    -Once loaded into reaper, the samples are played very very slowly, as if the loscil3 was not taking into account the automatic sample rate

a11 loscil3 kjmamp,**1,**gitable1,1,0

Only way to have a normal play is to increase the value of ibas like in the following

a11 loscil3 kjmamp,**1,**gitable1,5,0

Could you great Csound gurus tell me where the bug is and explain ?
Many thanks for your help.

DrumSimple.csd (11.9 KB)

Might it have something to do with the sampling rate of the host? It might differ to that of Csound. Also, don’t set kr to be 4410, It’s better to set ksmps to 64 or 32 and let Csound work out kr. Setting ksmps to 64 or 32 is recommended in Cabbage at it is a multiple of the host’s buffer size. Anyway, first thing to check is the sample rate of your project.

[edit] I just ran it here without an issue. I think it’s a problem with the different sample rate. Btw, Cabbage 2 plugins don’t crash Reaper when they are being scanned. Might be time to make the bold leap forward and start trying out the new version?

Indeed, I just needed to specify in Reaper->pref->ASIO to specifically use 44100 sampling rate… (There is a tick box).
BTW, the GUI of cabbage 2 is really more friendly than the one of V1 and vst export does not kill reaper.

Thank you for your help… I will upload full patch soon, if anyone needs it.