Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Cannot Show Console (solved)

Hello,

I am using Cabbage 2.0.02 (just updated from 2.0) and my console had disappeared recently. After updating it is still not there. I looked through all the options and menus but I see no option to make the console re-appear. I tried dragging the window in multiple ways as well. Is there a way to show the console without uninstalling Cabbage altogether and re-installing it?

Thanks!

Miguel Espinel

Yikes, I’ve been there before. What os are you using? If you delete the Cabbage settings file out should fix the issue. Looks for the Cabbage folder, or Cabbage.settings file. On windows, it should be “\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data”. On the Mac, it should be “~/Library”. On GNU/Linux it is “~/.config”.

Thank you so much! I found the settings file and didn’t even have to delete it, but instead found the line for VALUE name=“IDE_StatusBarPos” val= "n, " which was set to a value like 672 (if I remember correctly), so I changed it to 300 and saved the file. I was happy to see that my invaluable console back :slightly_smiling_face:

I really need to add an easy way to fix this problem. I’ve been caught out with it myself on occasion when I move from a monitor back to my laptop screen :roll_eyes:

I just pushed through some code that will retrieve the console window if it ever goes missing again. It will be next release.