Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Highlighter and autocomplete

Hi, just a quick whinge. Since updating to the latest version, the syntax highlighter and autocomplete have been giving me grrrs. The autocomplete popup box traps my cursor, letting me navigate left or right but not off that line, until I mouseclick out of it. The doubleclick highlighter seems to find the other words, but mislocates the highlight strip north-east of the target. Is there a way to maybe disable these features? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
/whinge

The only suggestion I have is that I get off my arse and fix this! I will take a look today. I will disable these features by default and allow users to turn them on if they wish. If you hit escape you can kill the auto-complete box and move up or down a line, but I’ll look at better ways of implementing this. Cheers.

Escape, oh. :relaxed:
Thanks Rory.

What platform are you on?

Win7 x64

New binaries are available now from the latest release sticky thread. Let me know if it’s Ok for you.

Cool, thanks! I’ve been running the new install for an hour or two and things seem stable. The autocomplete hasn’t come on. The highlighter is behaving differently, now indicating the line the other words appear on, but not finding them all (line 44 in image). I tried putting a comma before the unfound word, but no joy.

I figured it would be less annoying to indicate the line rather than highlight the wrong letters within a line. I will see what’s going on with the first token. Not sure what that’s being missed. Hopefully it’s something simple.

Can you try the latest beta package? It’s working better now :wink:

That seemed to sort out both issues. The highlight is accurate and now finds line 44 too. This is much better now, thanks for the speedy fix! Is the autocomplete still there as an off-by-default option? I can imagine that some users might miss it.

It’s still there, you just need to enable it in the Preferences menu. I use it myself as I tend to use quite long and overly descriptive variable names! How are you finding the stability now? I think it’s much better, I’ve yet to crash it. I hope it stays that way!

[edit] I am still getting some intermittent crashes. I’ll look into it tomorrow if I get a chance.

Yeah I’ve had a few crashes that I cant reproduce, an one that I can, when sending syntax with errors in it to a widget array’s identchannels. I simplified some code for an example. If I use the line shown in comments instead of the one above it and hit save, instead of an error report, cabbage hangs until it crashes out. Then weirdly, when I load back in and correct the mistake, hit save again, and it hangs until it crashes out. Then the next run is fine. I’ve gone through that procedure a few times now to test it. It feels like cabbage is punishing me for a typo :smile:
widget_array_test.csd (743 Bytes)

Have you tried disabling Punish my mistakes and laugh at my incompetence in the Preferences settings? :wink: I have identified the problem (I hope). I’m looking for a fix.

Can you try the latest beta? I think this one is Ok. I’ve been using it for about an hour and haven’t experienced any crashes. Saving takes a few milliseconds longer, but I guess it’s a small price to pay for stability!

Cabbage continues to mock me. Now sends me back to desktop any time I try to use gentables, Some scripts wont even open, but are fine on rollback.

Can you give me an example? A sample instrument that crashes for you? Do the gen examples work Ok?

[edit] yup, something is wrong with the gentables. I’m looking into it now. We were doing some work on tables recently. I created a new dev branch for it, but I may have accidentally botched up the main branch.

Can you try the latest installer. Tables should be fine again now.

Tables seem fine yep. I’m getting this popup every time I load an instrument though. But it loads in ok and so far hasnt crashed out.

That’s an odd error. I’m not sure what that’s about. Does it happen each time you save an instrument, or just on the initial loading of it? Btw, thanks for persevering with this, it’s because of users like you that the software gets better over time! Can you try removing the fmod_csoundL64.dll from the Cabbage directory? Csound may be trying to load it as a plugin dll when it shouldn’t be!

[edit] I’m just running on a new build for you to try. Hopefully it will address that issue. It should be cooked and uploaded in about 20 minutes or so. Let me know if it’s any better.

Yep, it was doing it when I hit save as well as loading in fresh. Removing fmod_csoundL64.dll did make the error stop appearing. The save time was much longer though, taking maybe as long as a usual “save as”.
I’ll check out the new one tomorrow, thanks!