Cabbage Logo
Back to Cabbage Site

Horizontal meter (gentable)

Hi,
I wrote a simple distressor code for my project to college. I am at the part where I am creating my GUI for the plugin. I did created meter which shows of how much compression is happening to input signal. My metering is Vertical but I wanted to be Horizontal I am using this ftgen for my metering:
giMeter ftgen 10, 0, -1, 2, 0
How should I set up values so it will become Horizontal? Any advice appreciated.

Good question :joy: It’s not something I ever considered. Are you using Cabbage 1 or Cabbage 2? If you are using Cabbage 2 you could do this using the new image offset controls. I’m strongly considering writing a special purpose VU meter. It would take long, but it would only be for Cabbage version 2?

I began writing this code on Cabbage 1 now I moved on to Cabbage 2. Now I can see the rotation options I will try to adjust it. Thanks Rory.

This is quite tricky. What I am doing wrong ?

Hey Norbert,

Rotate requires a value in radian. So convert degree to radian. 90 deg = 1.57 rad. That’ll rotate the widget. But positioning it is still quite tricky for me to understand

Thank you Rory somehow I managed to get it where I wanted to.

Re. the positioning, I never really used it. I simply implemented it as it is done in JUCE. But I think it can be a little tricky because of the rotate point. TBH, I never even thought of simple rotating the table :joy: Good idea! In the meantime I’m going to write a simple meter component. It’s a long time over due.

Well, rotating the gentable seems to makes the graph non-functional.

True. I just tried. Another reason for a custom meter component. For now I’d recommend using the knobman type of approach as demonstrated here on the list and in the examples. In the meantime I better get cracking on a meter widget.

See here for info on the new meter widgets…